Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question A Bit Confused here With Xara Photo & Graphics Designer v12-365 options Setting

Just a Bit confused here, for context, I have Xara Photo & Graphics Designer v12 / 365 and I just recently was able to purchase a copy of Designer Pro X11 from a Well known third party vendor, installed and registered with no issue. But as I started working with either of the two programs, I noticed that when resizing using the handles, the image even a plain box is not constrained to it's current shape. I took a screenshot of what I'm looking to figure out, please see the text with in the image.

Shouldn't the corner handles turn to <--> well kind of with out distorting the image?.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Photo & Graphics Designer v12-365 options Setting.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	122524

Default Re: A Bit Confused here With Xara Photo & Graphics Designer v12-365 options Setting

in the selection tool make sure you have the lock aspect ratio [padlock] set on the info bar
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: A Bit Confused here With Xara Photo & Graphics Designer v12-365 options Setting

Okay ya can laugh now, that was so simple and my dumb over-site. Good Golly Molly.

Thank you Handrawn

oh the simple things catch us all out every now and then
    Nothing lasts forever...

this so true,

I do have a couple another Questions, seeing that I'm working with 365 and Designer X11.

With 365, and even in Photo & Graphics Designer 10 I was able to start the program up with Zero pages, by removing the white page and for the life of me I can't remember how I did it, the only thing I can think of is making a Graphic save as .xar and opening the same image Delete it and start with a new graphic, but the original image I opened was not from from my PC.

But is there a way to completely have the program start up with no white page at all. I have looked in the option settings but maybe it's yet another one those simple items I'm not seeing.

And is there a styles depository or something like this https://www.deviantart.com/?q=styles+photoshop But for Xara programs. I ask because I'm trying to remake / sharpen up a logo and make something a bit better for a friend as a surprise, I already have permission to work on the logo. Can't seem to duplicate the color / style used ( See Attached ) still needs cleaning up.

I started with this Name:  Letter G.png
Views: 229
Size:  15.9 KB and I got to here Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gold-Satin-Tone G.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	122528 I'm at this point now, still needs cleaning up / sharpening Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SatinGoldTone-G_v2.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	122530

if you want a document with no page area you should use the 'blank photo' option in file/new

sorry but I cannot help you with styles in xara as I don't use them; hopefully someone else will be able to
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you for the tip, I will continue my search and hope there is someone else can give a tip or two.

In theory, you can set everything that you want, and then Save Template (and check default template), and everything will be perfect when you open a new drawing. OR at least that's how it used to work you could set colours and fonts, and have them open correctly.

However, in Version 16 it doesn't do that, it seems to open with black fill, clear line and Open Sans 10pt font no matter what I do. Is this a bug or expected behaviour, because it did used to work correctly.

EDIT: Just tried with Version 10, and that doesn't work either, so it must have been changed a while ago.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thank you for the info and tips, I will go see what I can or not do, and just play around with the settings and if it all works out, I see about doing a video, for anyone else that may come along with a similar question, and if it's suitable use it as a guide. I will try with Designer Pro X11 and 365, I still have Extreme 5.1 may try it with that after re-install.

How about this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	122544  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host