Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question I was able to install Xara Designer Pro X11 & Got an Update message ?

A Few weeks ago I bought Xara Designer Pro X9 From Amazon, the download version. Then found the download page here

a Bit down below in the blue section it states " If you are an owner of the previous versions of Designer Pro, you can download the trial below and unlock it with your serial number (you may also need to select 'download content' in the Help menu after unlocking): " But when I tried to use my Key from X9 it would not except it. Guess I will have to call them?

So now I have Xara Designer X9 with a Key and I figured I would install and register X10 or X11 But X10 will not run keeps giving me an error -1 So I got X11 installed and running and extended my trial for 30 days. But I also got a pop up to upgrade I followed the link and took a screenshot ->> See attached image. What has me a bit confused is, is this the full install program + Subscription or visa Versa ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Pro X Sale.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	122499

Default Re: I was able to install Xara Designer Pro X11 & Got an Update message ?

SgtDre, the blue section text is simply saying if you bought something with a key, you can always download if form here and use the key (for that purchase). It does not give you free access to other versions. Sorry.

The upgrade offer will allow you to jump from v9 to v16 with one year of the Upgrade Service. Xara asserts this is not a subscription; if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it is a duck.
    It is the full program.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: I was able to install Xara Designer Pro X11 & Got an Update message ?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    SgtDre, the blue section text is simply saying if you bought something with a key, you can always download if form here and use the key (for that purchase). It does not give you free access to other versions. Sorry.

The upgrade offer will allow you to jump from v9 to v16 with one year of the Upgrade Service. Xara asserts this is not a subscription; if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it is a duck.
    It is the full program.

Acorn
    Hello Acorn,
    As for the Upgrade, I was just not sure what Xara Designer X = ? and seeing that from the popup to the web page nothing stated v = what just an X, and yes It is a Duck err more like a Goose like the Canadian Geese / Gooses, and all they do is eat poo everywhere and they are everywhere, ugh. But thank you for clearing that up.

As for the "Bit down below in the blue section it states" I was not looking to get anything for Free, but the way it is worded, that is a bit unclear, "If you are an owner of the previous versions of Designer Pro" "you can download the trial below and unlock it with your serial number" I guess it is the way I read it / took the statement. Are there that many people loosing their programs? I still have my CD for Xara Web Styles / Webster / Xara 3D from the mid 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDre View Post
    Are there that many people loosing their programs? I still have my CD for Xara Web Styles / Webster / Xara 3D from the mid 90's.
    Not everyone buys the application with media. Consequently, when you buy a new PC, you need a download to install. It is relatively convenient to keep media if you are tidy and don't move a lot. I have "misplaced" CD1 of Artworks and so can no longer run it on an emulator instead of my RiscPC.

As an aside, my Acorn RiscPC is ancient but still runs and displays a Desktop in 3 seconds. Windows PCs are sadly lifed in their hardware and OS.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Not everyone buys the application with media. Consequently, when you buy a new PC, you need a download to install. It is relatively convenient to keep media if you are tidy and don't move a lot. I have "misplaced" CD1 of Artworks and so can no longer run it on an emulator instead of my RiscPC.

As an aside, my Acorn RiscPC is ancient but still runs and displays a Desktop in 3 seconds. Windows PCs are sadly lifed in their hardware and OS.

Acorn
    Oh I'm by no means tidy, If ya saw my Desk and yet I know where things are mostly that is. And yes that makes sense because when I was working Xara some years ago to upgrade my what I had, it did take me a while to find my old Xara Web Styles / Webster and 3d to provide the proof that I had what I stated. I even still have my old Win 98 PC, in the basement collecting dust. That is when and long ago I started to dabble with graphics and it was with Xara. I designed a new Patch with it, If I can figure out where I put the patch, I will scan and post a picture. But I have gotten better these days as age has started take old