Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Not so easy to learn / use ?

Thanks Behzad, I have opened another thread with my questions as requested by our kindly mod, but staying on topic here, the You Tube vids are great, but more often than not you only want the answer to one bit and you end trying to search through the video to find it, so once again you are using time you don't have right now, and so it goes on, that's the problem.

When I have time, I do watch some of these vids so I can learn, but then, yes you have guessed it, when I next need to remember how to do it, I have forgotten...

Now what did I come in here for?.........

People like me need a sub forum called Meeting Place for members who are old as dirt.

@Starmo, the latest XDPXv16 (and possibly the other Xara Desktop applications) include a full PDF Manual (Help > PDF Manual). PDFs can be annotated.
    It is a hefty 710 pages. I even imported it back into Xara so you could change and update content to personalise your own copy.

I dip in and out of it and use a purchased manual of an earlier version. The Help file is similar.

Acorn

P.S. "old dirt" is very fertile.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn, Thanks for the help, I cannot see the PDF Manual under Help>PDF Manual. I am running Web Designer Pro X, not sure if it applies, looks like I may be behind on updates, are these free?

Quote Originally Posted by Starmo View Post
    Hi Acorn, Thanks for the help, I cannot see the PDF Manual under Help>PDF Manual. I am running Web Designer Pro X, not sure if it applies, looks like I may be behind on updates, are these free?
    Starmo, press Help > About and copy and paste back the second line with your version.
    We will be able to advise from there.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn, here it is: Xara Designer Pro X 15.0.0.52427 DL x64 Dec 8 2017

Thanks Acorn, here it is: Xara Designer Pro X 15.0.0.52427 DL x64 Dec 8 2017
    So you should be still in cover for the Update Service free download of version 16.0.

Use http://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/download/.

In v15, press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+1 to get a Debug dialog with your Serial Number. Copy that down as you use the same one for v16.0; you will need your purchase email as well.

No need to uninstall v15.0 either. In fact, in v15.0, press Help > Check for update as you should get the download for v15.1.

Acorn

Since you have no time, maybe hire someone on this forum and get the job done. When all is done and well then take your time

Acorn, I am confused, the link you provided points to a free trial of Pro X and option to unlock from an earlier version, but there is no mention of v16
    And if I go to Help> Check for updates, then it gives the option of extending the update service which I do not want to do?

Acorn, I am confused, the link you provided points to a free trial of Pro X and option to unlock from an earlier version, but there is no mention of v16
    And if I go to Help> Check for updates, then it gives the option of extending the update service which I do not want to do?
    Starmo, I thought you were still covered by the Update Service. When did you buy v15?

The download is for v16.

Acorn

Without checking back through our accounts I cannot say when I purchased, my best guess would be around 14 months ago.
    So if I am on v15 are there big changes that are going to affect me in v16?