Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boromean Rings

Default Re: Boromean Rings

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    I have done this linking rings before but I have been playing with this for a couple days and could not get it to work.
    What I forgot to do was to go under the Arrange menu and convert line to shape. I kept right clicking and picking convert to editable shape. Was not able to get it to work all. It was driving me nuts and I finally remember to look under the menu and not right click.
    Thanks Acorn for this time waster/drive me nuts project.
    Ray
    You're welcome Ray.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn for this time waster/drive me nuts project.
    Love that comment Ray!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Gary, I was thinking ahead for those users without XDPX. In XWD(P), there are no Convert Line to Shape, Break Shapes, Clipview or even Convert to Editable Shapes options.

Acorn
    H-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    H-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m
    Be I wrong?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Gary, I was thinking ahead for those users without XDPX. In XWD(P), there are no Convert Line to Shape, Break Shapes, Clipview or even Convert to Editable Shapes options.

Acorn
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    H-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m
    Be I wrong?

Acorn
    No Acorn, I was just thinking

Eventhough this challenge had a satisfactory solution, I have been attempting to do it my way off and on all day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rings.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	122543  
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Lightbulb Re: Boromean Rings

Here is an updated solution that does not use images: Borromean Rings.xar

Happy New Year,
    Acorn