Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Xara x16, Content Catalog: When downlaoded where is it stored on my hard drive

Can someone show me the path to where the catalog files downloaded locally are stored, please?

Default Re: Xara x16, Content Catalog: When downlaoded where is it stored on my hard drive

In Windows Explorer (not the IE browser), type in %localappdata%/Xara/XtremePro/8/Cache/ or just %localappdata% and navigate down through Xara, your application, your version and finally to Cache.

You will end up at something like C:\Users\[LogonUser]\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\8\Cache.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara x16, Content Catalog: When downlaoded where is it stored on my hard drive

Thank you.
    Next question.
    Can the cache contents be copied (or moved) to a CD or to a portable external drive?

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    Thank you. Next question. Can the cache contents be copied (or moved) to a CD or to a portable external drive?
    Yes.

To pre-empt the next, next question, you can then access the copied content through the Local Designs gallery > Disc designs (button) > Add folder.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

To pre-empt the next answer, Thank you again. Your promptness is really appreciated. It has been a while since I've used Xara much ... I've gotten rusty.

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    Can someone show me the path to where the catalog files downloaded locally are stored, please?

%Localappdata%\Xara\XtremePro\16\Cache\designs\eng