Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Three Overlapping Circles

You may start from the solution to https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...uching-Circles.
    Attachment 122412
    You, however, can create a Red, Green and Blue circle from afresh, each with a diameter of 200px.

The Challenge is to simply, and accurately, position the circles so that each circle equally intersects (overlaps) the other two circles but there is no overlap with all three circles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Overlapping RGB Circles.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	122440

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Three Overlapping Circles

To achieve the primary colors creating the secondary colors I used magenta, yellow and cyan with Multiply (Stained Glass) transparency.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotate.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	122441  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    To achieve the primary colors creating the secondary colors I used magenta, yellow and cyan with Multiply (Stained Glass) transparency.
    That looks darn good to me.
    And I tried it!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Gary, got it in one!
    I thought my misdirection from the first Challenge would throw people off.

Thank you too for the creation of the primary colours in the overlap; a sign of true knowledge.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 25 October 2018 at 10:49 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Many many many years ago I wrote a book on color https://www.amazon.com/Looking-Good-...ry+W.+Priester

For those who are interested, the design can be expanded readily into what is called the Seed of Life, http://mathworld.wolfram.com/SeedofLife.html:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seed of Life.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	122456

I will leave a final Challenge for you to draw the Flower of Life: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/FlowerofLife.html.

The trick for both is actually to use the technique for the Venn Diagram solution, which I hope you will have a go at as well.

Acorn