Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Handmade Jewelry website

Hi guys

We originally did a website for this client in adobe muse, plus ecwid to run the ecommerce part. Unfortunately (actually, fortunately) we had to move it away from muse since that was coming to the end of life. We decided to go with Wordpress in combination with woocommerce. This only went live a week or so ago so the client is still adding products and getting to know the backend of Wordpress and woocommerce.

The site owner is another one of our USA clients and from feedback with her account manager she has been amazing; both in her communication and understanding our recommendations for the website. I have browsed the website and she makes some really nice jewellery, I really like people who try and do something different when it's required.

https://elementasjewelry.com/
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Default Re: Handmade Jewelry website

Cloud, it is nice to see a clear and simple presentation that fits well into an adaptive design.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Nice work. How hard would this have been to make it in Xara and she can still work in the back end of things with woocommerce or even ecwid?
    My only comment would be for her to take nicer pictures of her jewellery, since they are all blurry as well. Not sure if there is a plugin compression in wordpress that does this?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Nice work. My only comment would be for her to take nicer pictures of her jewellery, since they are all blurry as well. Not sure if there is a plugin compression in wordpress that does this?
    I examine just the one image and found it fine enough for the web. https://elementasjewelry.com/wp-cont.../10/M0026A.jpg is 1000x750px and shows no camera shake or pixellation.

Confused,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I thought the photos of jewellery are really good, there is no compression plugin. Thanks all for the comments though.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I think the product photos are missing a very tight close up of the product off the model. I'm not wowed by the images.

There's some copy that needs fixing. "Elementas Jewelry designs are created for stylish woman for whom her jewelry makes a statement."

Who supplied the copy?

Nice website, but just to mention some browsers, for example Pufin, on iPad don’t display anything when the slider doesn’t work on the homepage (see screenshot).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0107.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	122431
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

I was referring to the images in the shop.
    https://elementasjewelry.com/product...ory/bracelets/

Lovely site!

Quote Originally Posted by mollyhopper View Post
    Every Small Business should have an Online Store by 2020. Gone or those days of general Indian mentality of purchasing only by visiting a physical store. Today, online purchase has seen a huge surge. eCommerce Companies like Amazon and Flip Kart have seen a rising popularity, entirely changing the minds of people, who were at once the shoppers only in physical stores With Spurtcommerce 2.0, a NodeJS open source ecommerce platform, quickly develop a powerful eCommerce website. Download Spurtcommerce 2.0 for free. Spurtcommerce is an open source eCommerce platform, built on NodeJS and Angular. You may download their eCommerce platform for free and that comes with complete source code. You can tweak the solution for your requirement. For more information, visit some website or another. There is a Community that support Spurtcommerce to thrive, visit community.shameless plug n my first post.
    Hi Mollyhopper and welcome to TalkGraphics...I think.

First posts are not allowed to have links so I've removed yours from post #10.

Additionally, you apparently don't care a whit about our community; clealry, you think this is a place you can try to sell things for free.

Wrong assumption, Mollyhopper.

I am the Administrator, and you have a choice to make now:

You can actually participate in this forum community: questions answers, advice, tutorials, I think you get the drift here.

Or you can try to post another blatant advert, or just move along as SMAMmers tend to do, and leave your post as is, without returning.

I encourage option #1. We always welcome curious, fresh minds who want to share.

Option #2 is your post and your account will be banished July 21, 2019 after Mod. Gary Priester arises.

It's a free country, it's completely your choice.

Regards,

Barbara Bouton,
    Administrator, TalkGraphics
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com