Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default JUST RELEASED: A New Version of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer

We’ve released the V16 update to Photo & Graphic Designer, available now.

The highlights are similar to Designer Pro, with the promised work on Open Type and Table support and the new graphic design tool, ‘color palette from photo’. You can find full details on these and other new features in the Release Notes @ http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/pho...c-designer-16/ and you might also like to download and play with Recolor and Resize Example v16.xar that demonstrates some of the new features.

If you have an active Update Service then you can access this update now for free. NOTE you need to re-download the software, there is no auto-update. You can uninstall your current version or run it alongside if you prefer, and it uses the same serial number. You can find the English language version here: http://www.xara.com/photo-graphic-designer/download note that some non-English versions might not be released yet, typically they are a day or two later.

If your Update Service has expired then you can renew your Update Service / upgrade in order to get this and other updates since your version. Go to the Photo & Graphic Designer page on magix.com and click Upgrade.

Also since we have moved on to v16 you have the opportunity to download the trial and try it again, even if you have run the trial of a previous version.

As with Designer Pro and Web Designer, there will be no 32 bit version.

Enjoy!

Kate Moir, Xara
    Last edited by Rob-Xar; 23 October 2018 at 04:51 PM.

Default Re: JUST RELEASED: A New Version of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer

Thank you, Kate!
    I’m going to check it out today!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

I was under the impression that V16 and V15 could be run alongside each other ...

Activating V16 with my V15 key with a current active upgrade service it wants me to deactivate a copy of v15 (as I use it on both my home and office computers) is that normal? ... Since I don't know what v16 is going to do at this stage, I'm a little loath to deactivate v15, that seems to be working acceptably.

Is it possible to define WHERE V16 is installed - if so, how? I want to install to a D: drive rather than my C: and nowhere was I given a choice.

EDIT:

For anyone interested, it looks like if you deactivate the device, and then reactivate the same device, then both versions work.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 23 October 2018 at 07:51 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I was under the impression that V16 and V15 could be run alongside each other ...
    Activating V16 with my V15 key with a current active upgrade service it wants me to deactivate a copy of v15 (as I use it on both my home and office computers) is that normal? ... Since I don't know what v16 is going to do at this stage, I'm a little loath to deactivate v15, that seems to be working acceptably.
    Is it possible to define WHERE V16 is installed - if so, how? I want to install to a D: drive rather than my C: and nowhere was I given a choice.
    EDIT:
    For anyone interested, it looks like if you deactivate the device, and then reactivate the same device, then both versions work.
    Keith, on the v16 install, there was an Advanced option button, from where you can select the location of the install.
    Glad your re-activation worked. I had not such problem.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This one has the same bugs as the Pro version.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Hi Kate,

And what about Xara Page and Layout Designer ?
    Any new version scheduled for this software or had Xara given up its development ?

Have a nice day.

Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    This one has the same bugs as the Pro version.
    Ron, that is because it is generated form the same code base and sections are removed form the user interface. Otherwise, the products would not work seamlessly with each other.

Marketing,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by danpandi View Post
    Hi Kate,
    And what about Xara Page and Layout Designer ?
    Any new version scheduled for this software or had Xara given up its development ?
    Have a nice day. Dan.
    Dan, elsewhere Xara has declared no 32-bit products so XP&LD is out unless is is resurrected as 64-bit.

Acorn

Acorn, am I to understand then PG&D16 will not work on a computer with 32bit OS, only a 64bit? It says nothing about this at Magix.com only shows the Windows it will install to- Vista through to Windows 10

Stygg

@ stygg2033 yes that's right, no 32 bit version. And you're right, the Magix pages for Pro, WDP and WDC mention the 64 bit requirement but I can't see it on the PGD pages, have passed that feedback along, hopefully they can update it quickly. My posts here at TG have mentioned it.

@ danpandi - no final decision on Page & Layout Designer yet, but for sure if we released a new version it would be 64 bit only.

Kate Moir, Xara