Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Export Error With A Multi Page Document (CMYK)

Quote Originally Posted by miken72 View Post
    Hi there!
    Anyone else here experiencing that joy when trying to export the multipage document as pdf CMYK? 125 pages (with layers) in my case. It is so much fun!
    But seriously, it is not. Everything seems to work rather smoothly when choosing RGB colormode. CMYK gives always that damn error and warning from Xara and you have to either restart or force restart Xara. Far too familiar with that one. And yes, artboards are ok. Not even any big of their size. Equally poker card sized. Because I am creating a card game. Well, trying to more or less. Regarding if there is any objects outside the artboards? The answer is obvious.
    Not even any shadow objects without converting those first to bitmap. No bevels, no special effects left, simple and simply bitmaps with text lines. And in general it is that CMYK that is for some reason giving hard times. ALWAYS. Regardless of what resolution I will choose (dpi). I am sure that I am not being the only one here?

I am using Xara Designer X15, as admin. Plenty of enough memory to handle the export processing. It does not help to divide the major document into smaller divisions either. 64bit, with latest everything except Xara´s newest version. Obviously...

Thank you for your time.

----

PS. Seriously Xara team. What gives? You guys should take a note now -Focus. You are trying to build something for everyone and the result is, at least now very clear. You guys are lost in the woods . Is it because you are feeling the pressure of the competitors (that stigma always being the underdog). Or is your staff being maxed out thanks to pressure from the investors and related sh*t that follows. Maybe everything combined... Perhaps your hands are tied because of previous acquisition. Dunno. But you need to do something fast.

Good news is. You still can make the difference. To start with, I would suggest to pick up one product and compare it to the competitors one. My pick would be the Xara Designer Pro. Then concentrate on building it and make it shine in every way. And allow it finally to become opensource. Yes, lesson learnt that you did not allow community to tamper your rendering engine and you decided to end the project. I guess that that was the main reason? But if you think about what that step would had made possible. Obviously with some clever marketing strategy along with the ever growing community. Now there is Serif breathing on your neck and possibly leaving you to beat the dust. They made it to Mac NATIVE as well.

To be brutally honest, you also seem to lack of proper marketing and professionalism when doing business. Your public product marketing is all over the places. Most likely that is due to your distributor´s business practice? But the version packages. Very basic product packaging. One of the cornerstones of how to start effective product selling. Makes no sense at all for any newbies. Even we longtimers are confused. It´s like trying to make sense of different version of Windows. Just... It is easy to push your head once again into a bush and make it all disappear -the uncomfortable comfort zone, if you will. But this all is starting to look like a Nokia´s swang song.

Sure enough it is easy to get upset about my letter but truth to be told. And finally, I really like your product. The rendering engine is still pretty solid but it is not enough anymore. Also your support service is working fine -Thank you guys for your assistance! But where the money comes from to keep the entire wagon rolling, one missing wheel will make a big difference.
    EDIT
    Hi all!
    My apologies for ranting about this CMYK .pdf export.
    I now had some proper time to really dig into this and here is the simple solution that I found. I used to tweak the Export parameters in PDF Export Option. Custom. There seems to be something wrong with PDF/X-1a (given by default). Every single time it gives error and Xara crashes. But if I go with Commercial Printing (radio button options) or Customize (font selection might need that) it is ok. The problem really is with PDF/X-1a. Stranger enough is that when I choose the pre-set Commercial printing -option and go with PDF/X-1a, well, it works. It is only when I go and customize PDF/X-1a export parameters.
    Would be interesting to know why this happens. Even with basic .png bitmap objects the crash happens. Without exceptions.

Special mention.
    Thanks Mike for your time and help!

You should report this to Dear Xara section.

Quote Originally Posted by miken72 View Post
    Hi there!
    Anyone else here experiencing that joy when trying to export the multipage document as pdf CMYK? 125 pages (with layers) in my case.
    Glad you found the answer but.... I LOVE Xara, but wouldn't have the nerve to do a 125 pg doc in it.