Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Audio issues with MP3

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    I believe I have no problem viewing the Soft Grouped buttons, and the 30X30 will play every time, but the button under the 30X30 does not become part of the play process. The code control is in the Place Holder like you said it would be, and I've gone into Web properties and put the Javascript into the link for Web at the top. I then Soft group tthe two factions. From this point I will see the hand (supposedly allowing execution) when I put the cursor over the button, but when I click it nothing happend; but I can hit the 30X30 and the audio will come on. Those are the only two areas I know of to see that coding is included and in the right place. Is it possible the Javascript should be different? Maybe I should try putting in everything but "Javascript:." This really has me puzzled. I just hope I'm doing it the way you feel I should. I'm learning a lot here, but I'm a bit slow and I apologize.
    GG, have you put the id into the <audio /> code? It won't link and work otherwise.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm not sure how to perform that?
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

I'm not sure how to perform that?
    Click on the player control widget that plays the audio.
    Go to the Web Properties > Placeholder > HTML code (body) and add id="musicintro" within the <Audio> tag with spaces either side as I showed previously. Save that.

For your button, add javascript: document.getElementById("musicintro").play();
    You need all of the phrase above. Change "musicintro" to anything you like but it must appear in both the widget and the image or button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm enclosing the button. I believe I've done everything you've asked, but only the arrow part plays the audio, not the entire button. The only change is that the hand shows on the button like it would work if you clicked there. Maybe you can tell at the site: http://www.programmersdigest.com. Thanks again for all the info/input you've given me.

Info Re: Audio issues with MP3

GG, the code for the control is wrong:
    Code:
    <audio class="xr_noreset" src="index_htm_files/pdintropagemono.mp3" width="100%" height="100%" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;" id="xr_uid_1"> id="musicintro" id="musicintro"
    </audio>
    It should be:
    Code:
    <audio class="xr_noreset" src="index_htm_files/pdintropagemono.mp3" width="100%" height="100%" id="musicintro"></audio>
    I have also removed the blue code, for tidiness.

Acorn

Your patience is appreciated more than you know. I'm including screen shots on both parts of the button to show you what I've done. Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ButtonCoding.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	122476

Your patience is appreciated more than you know. I'm including screen shots on both parts of the button to show you what I've done. Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ButtonCoding.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	122476
    GG, the image doesn't need the <audio> code at all (bottom left) - remove it totally.
    The audio control you dragged onto the canvas it the thing you add the ID to.

The audio control (top right) still has the wrong <audio> code.
    The audio control (bottom right) does not need the link - remove it.

Please, please open the document I posted and examine that.

Acorn

Acorn I want to THANK YOU! so very much for all the help given on this mind boggling effort. Believe me you are appreciated.

Acorn I want to THANK YOU! so very much for all the help given on this mind boggling effort. Believe me you are appreciated.
    GG, come on! The burning question is have you won?

Acorn

There are many things and points in Xara I've yet to learn, but will. Yes I've won. You are part of the winning.