Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Global Guide line

Hi,

Is there a feature that makes a guide line appear on every page in the exact place?

Default Re: Global Guide line

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Hi,
    Is there a feature that makes a guide line appear on every page in the exact place?
    behzad, not to my knowledge.

I usually "deisgn" my index page with areas bounded by guides and then Duplicate Page thereafter.

The only other method I know of is to select the Guide layer, copy, move to the next Page and paste (repeatedly).
    To achieve a solid presentation, I consider this small pain for large gain.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Select the Guide layer on one of the pages and draw with the 'Straight Line Tool' (or any other drawing tool) a line (object) that you want to use as a guide. Now right-click it and select 'Repeat on all pages'. When you change the location of the line/object on one page, it will change position on all pages. Once you're happy with the guides, click the lock icon in the Page & Layer gallery.

Hi Sean,

I might be confused, but with a new page (US Letter-blank) and I then add guidelines by dragging from rulers or creating an object (line, circle, etc.) on the Guides layer, that becomes a guide. Edit>Pages>New blank page yields a blank page with all of the guides from first page. HTH
    ~Fred

Perfect Gang, much appreciated. Boy that is a good idea
    I tried something, may be helpful. I put all my guides down and then go to pages & layer gallery and select the guides layer and copy and paste it to all the other pages on my website. Yes Ideally if I had done this at the start of my project with the website, then making new pages would have all the guides.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred C View Post
    Hi Sean,
    I might be confused, but with a new page (US Letter-blank) and I then add guidelines by dragging from rulers or creating an object (line, circle, etc.) on the Guides layer, that becomes a guide. Edit>Pages>New blank page yields a blank page with all of the guides from first page. HTH
    Fred, that's the trouble with working with and through lots of versions.
    Xara rarely explains these magic fixes and that one slipped past me. It is there working in v11 so I may have dreamt it all.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat