Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Editing Bullet Points in an Inserted Table

I don't like the formatting of the default bulleting settings. I've read the "Help" info but I can't seem to figure out how to get the actual bullet symbol "•" to indent where I want it. The text itself is indented, but not the bullet symbol. Every time I go into "List Properties" and try to edit any of the options, it just reverts back to the default settings.

Please help.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-10-20_10-10-32.jpg bulletindentsettings.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	122402
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: Editing Bullet Points in an Inserted Table

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    I don't like the formatting of the default bulleting settings. I've read the "Help" info but I can't seem to figure out how to get the actual bullet symbol "•" to indent where I want it. The text itself is indented, but not the bullet symbol. Every time I go into "List Properties" and try to edit any of the options, it just reverts back to the default settings.

Please help.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-10-20_10-10-32.jpg bulletindentsettings.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	122402
    Ron, it is a push-me-pull-you sort of thing.

You increase the Margin value to move the bullet form the left edge.
    You decrease the Indent to bring down the gap to the text.

The other way is to put the cursor between the bullet and the text and press the Tab key.

I still miss being able to bring the next line text underneath the bullet.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Ron, it is a push-me-pull-you sort of thing.

You increase the Margin value to move the bullet form the left edge.
    You decrease the Indent to bring down the gap to the text.

The other way is to put the cursor between the bullet and the text and press the Tab key.

I still miss being able to bring the next line text underneath the bullet.

Acorn
    Its not allowing me to adjust the margin. Is something locked? I've tried following the "Help" menu's instructions, but the margin tool keeps snapping back to its original position.

How do I decrease the Indent?

Xara's Facebook

I've found the easiest way is to add all the text that you want, and then highlight the various sections and drag the text markers to wherever you want them.

If you want them at exact locations, you can highlight the relevant items, right click - LIST PROPERTIES, and adjust the margins and indents and bullet properties from there. The only thing I've noticed is that the top 50% of the FONT AWESOME symbols don't show up when you REPLACE WITH SYMBOL.

Can you set the margin to 0 pt in the List Properties dialogue.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ron, try Ctrl+L when in Select Tool mode to show the Ruler.

Then, with the Text Tool selected, you ought to be able to adjust the First Line Indent, Left Margin & Left Align Tab Stop control in the Ruler instead.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the help, guys.

Maybe this will shorten this session. I've attached the file. This is Pro Version 16.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Xara's Facebook

Ron - This appears to be broken.

But when I create a new page and create some bullet points and then edit List Properties.

Was this file created initially in on older version? And if so I wonder if the changes made to the text tool have effected this editing.

OK. I just copied and pasted your bullet text into a new document and everything edits perfectly. So that is the solution. Create a new document and copy and paste your text into the new document then edit.

Does this work?