Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Local Designs Gallery Download Speed & Size

Can any member provide the approximate size of the Web Designer Premium, Local Designs Gallery download. Just passed six hours of downloading, at the snail’s pace of 700-800 kb/s on a 50Mb fibre. SpeedTest shows 9mb/s to Berlin, Germany on the IPB GmbH servers. Can the Magix server be that slow?

Also, there is no progress bar provided in Xara Web Design Premium to gauge the progress of the download, and the percentage remaining. Any feedback would be appreciated

Default Re: Local Designs Gallery Download Speed & Size

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    Can any member provide the approximate size of the Web Designer Premium, Local Designs Gallery download. Just passed six hours of downloading, at the snail’s pace of 700-800 kb/s on a 50Mb fibre. SpeedTest shows 9mb/s to Berlin, Germany on the IPB GmbH servers. Can the Magix server be that slow?
    Also, there is no progress bar provided in Xara Web Design Premium to gauge the progress of the download, and the percentage remaining. Any feedback would be appreciated
    My v15 XWDP Cache is 2.33GB.
    At 800kB/s, this would be 8 hours to fully download.

The Online Content Catalogue is a Xara asset running on Magix hardware. I believe there is throttling involved, probably down to a negotiated service level agreement that did not address a full Download All scenario.

All you can really do is open MS Explorer at %LocalAppData\Xara\WebDesignerPremium\15\Cache| and periodically examine it Properties and watch it grow snail-like.

Xara never thought it through and assumed that only one asset at a time would be imported. My justification for this is on clicking the asset's Import, the browser closes.
    The kludge of holding down the Shift key to keep the browser open was subsequently introduced.
    Again, Download All was not addressed.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Local Designs Gallery Download Speed & Size

Thanks very much Acom. Appreciated.

The reason for the download ALL was the speed to Magix in Europe from Australia is not that good for previewing the content live.
    The refresh rate when going through the content was, well, s l o w s l o w.
    But all least I have some idea now of the size of the download. All good and a measure of patience.

Thanks.