Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d tables

Default 3d tables

I'm experimenting with the new V 16 table functions and can't get 3d tables to work. Is there a way to manipulate tables with the 3d tool while keeping the correct positioning of graphics within the cells?

Info Re: 3d tables

Quote Originally Posted by yjs View Post
    I'm experimenting with the new V 16 table functions and can't get 3d tables to work. Is there a way to manipulate tables with the 3d tool while keeping the correct positioning of graphics within the cells?
    Not directly if the table contained anchored groups (embedded graphics).

I believe the best you can do is create a bitmap copy after selecting the table and all of its associated embedded groups and 3D those. You need to use the original table as the master, make changes to it and create another bitmap copy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: 3d tables

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Not directly if the table contained anchored groups (embedded graphics).

I believe the best you can do is create a bitmap copy after selecting the table and all of its associated embedded groups and 3D those. You need to use the original table as the master, make changes to it and create another bitmap copy.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn, I figured I might need to do something like this. However, when I select a table and try to create a bitmap copy, the embedded graphics are not included.

Wouldn't a screen grab be of help?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, yes a screen grab should work and I'll do that if there's no other way. But I was hoping there would be something simpler/native to Xara e.g. grouping elements, convert into a shape...

Thanks Acorn, I figured I might need to do something like this. However, when I select a table and try to create a bitmap copy, the embedded graphics are not included.
    yjs, that is why I emphasised the need to select the table and all the embedded graphics. I do this by holding the Shift key down and clicking the first embedded graphic and then the table in the Page & Layout gallery.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn, that sounds exactly what I need to do.. I'm probably being dense but I just can't replicate that...

Thanks Acorn, that sounds exactly what I need to do.. I'm probably being dense but I just can't replicate that...
    yjs, never dense, just a new trick to learn:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D Table.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	122401

I start with inserting my Table.
    Next I have the Page & Layer gallery open with Layers and Locate active.
    I click on the table and the Table is blue highlighted.
    I hold down the Shift key and click the top-most Embedded Group to blue highlight all the assets for the Table (as shown above).
    Then, I right-click in the selected table area or the blue selections and pick the Create Bitmap Copy.
    When on the page I then extrude to my needs.

Acorn

I understand your problem could you give me some work scearnshot.

Quote Originally Posted by sapon View Post
    I understand your problem could you give me some work scearnshot.
    sapon, welcome to TalkGraphics and a thank you for offering to help a fellow TG immediately.

Acorn