Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Xara Design Page Misrendering

Dear Xara...

So playing with v16.0 XDPX, I produced an extrusion and added a shadow.

When I mouse zoom the design page, I get the following results:
    1. 5% to 25% - Wall Shadow, as designed.
    2. 32% to 80% - spurious shadow, almost like Floor Shadow.
    3. 100% - Wall Shadow, as designed.
    4. 125% - spurious shadow, not casting to the left.
    5. Above 125% - Wall Shadow, as designed.

With the preset zoom factors, I only get the error at 50% as the other value are not in the list.

All works as expected in v15.1.

Me and My Shadow.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Bug Re: Xara Design Page Misrendering

Dear Xara...

In case you missed it, this still occurs in v16.2.
    To be honest, it is worse than ever.

Me and My Shadow.xar Xara Designer Pro X16 16.0.0.55162

Open my design file from before. View at 100% and select the Grouped Objects.
    Now move the Group around the page and drop it anywhere. It presents a shadow mess.

To be a little more precise:
    • Centre the Group on the page.

Oh dear, you can not. Another Bug?

Anyhow, pretend that Snap to Objects works for this Group and roughly centre it.
    Preview the page and check that the rendered shadow is sensible: 32.7px Blur; 74% Transparency; X 8.2px; Y 7.4px.
    Now use Ctrl+A to select the Shadow Group (Extrusion, Shadow); a Click Select only selects the Shadow Group and Extrusion. Yet Another Bug?
    Finally, use the Arrow Keys (with Meta Ctrl) and watch the wrong shadow stay in place and get cropped depending on the Arrow chosen.

In summary, Preview and final web upload works but design is pants.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 21 September 2019 at 06:11 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara Design Page Misrendering

Good thing I hardly ever extrude...

Pretty bad!

Hi Acorn,

I believe this is already logged under DDES-15923 with a due date of V17, although it gets reported once every blue moon so I can't guarantee it'll be fixed for then but will try.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    I believe this is already logged under DDES-15923 with a due date of V17, although it gets reported once every blue moon so I can't guarantee it'll be fixed for then but will try.
    Thank rob, do try.
    Out of interest, what is the Creation Date of DDES-15923?

Acorn

02/Apr/19 16:31

02/Apr/19 16:31
    So I was only 6 months late in finding it.

Acorn

I haven't had any reports of this since then either. I've added your report of it to the bug log which normally increases priority.

I haven't had any reports of this since then either. I've added your report of it to the bug log which normally increases priority.
    Rob, for what it's worth, it doesn't happen in versions 11 through 15.

Acorn

Yes, in all bugs I log I normally test V11 - trunk to see if it's a regression or not. As we introduced it in v16 it automatically gets higher priority.