Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Missing key combination hint in Status Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sorry if I am misunderstanding you here Daniel but the v16.0 Help has "smart transform" highlighted 7 times on the same page you have. Perhaps you are reading the v15 Help?
    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    And the 15.1 help has it for sure... I don't recognise what Daniel has posted either way - edit I assume it's ver 16 from what you say...
    I have never downloaded or installed either v15 or v15.1. I have used X11 for several years and this week installed X16. The same page in X11's help is different, so X16 isn't showing X11's help files, and I've never had X15 or X15.1's so it can't be that, either. The screenshots I posted were from X16's help: pressing F1, then the Search tab.

Sorry Daniel - but the topic your screenshot shows on the right [Stretching and squashing objects] is not the topic the sceenshot shows on the left [Scaling (resizing) objects) - if you go to that topic you will see what we are referring to - when I search smart transform in both ver 16 and ver 15.1 I do not get what your screen shot shows
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Dniel, just a quick check for us.
    Open Xara and navigate through Help > PDF Manual.

If it is there then you have v16.0 open.

Then try F1 Search.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Sorry Daniel - but the topic your screenshot shows on the right [Stretching and squashing objects] is not the topic the sceenshot shows on the left [Scaling (resizing) objects)
    ...yes, you have solved the mystery. I'd assumed that when there's only one search result on the left, that's the article on the right. It's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    it reduces the chances that I was being an idiot.
    ...reduced chances, but it turns out I still was.

I'm going back to Designer Pro X11: not because I just don't like change; that the transform thing is disruptive; that the few changes are barely noticeable... but that Magix's support brushed off the Windows 10 Recent files irritation. I'd have paid the £89 for that alone, but will ask for a refund as I've got to suck and swivel on that anyway.

indeed you have to select the result you want even if there is only one...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...