Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Smart Arrow - Text on an Arrow

Dear Xara...

Text Inside does very little inside an arrow. Simply rotating the arrow position invariably ejects the text.
    I have got text down to 0.5pt though.

As Smart Arrows are now a line joining two shapes (head, tail), can we not get Add Text to Curve to function?

Acorn

P.S. As you now have code to join two shapes with a line, can this be extended to joining any shapes by dynamic connectors?
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Smart Arrow - Text on an Arrow

It sure would be nice to have the Add Text to Curve function with the Smart Arrows!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

We are planning arrow with text smartshapes, it's in the works but I don't know when it will be ready unfortunately.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    We are planning arrow with text smartshapes, it's in the works but I don't know when it will be ready unfortunately.
    Thanks Rob
    Rob, thank you for advising it is being considered.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It's a bit convoluted, but if you're a PGD v11 user you can add text to a SmartShape arrow by doing the following. That is if you can read it! - the TG forum reduces everything I attach to fuzzy 50k jpg:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add-text.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	122410
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    It's a bit convoluted, but if you're a PGD v11 user you can add text to a SmartShape arrow by doing the following. That is if you can read it! - the TG forum reduces everything I attach to fuzzy 50k jpg:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add-text.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	122410
    Thank you for this Jono.

The problem is there is no Open SmartShape command for the new arrows that are composed of two blobs with a line between and I don't think this has been possible since v12 anyhow.

Acorn