Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: JUST RELEASED: A New Version of Xara Designer Pro X

Quote Originally Posted by stevegill View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    You're right. It's been extended, and the additional software included looks like it could be a lot more useful than the photo thing they were offering before.
    = Steve
    Steve, could well be but I'd bet AceBIT ASEOPSwon't be tuned for Xara websites in any manner.
    But, you do get a free download service.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hmm, just dowloaded the trial version. Some positive changes but also some nags...
    For instance:
    * line width list only shows two line widths and a possibility to scroll to other widths. That's just plain irritating and IMHO incongruent with the UI.
    * Changing to the non-themed user interface (ctrl+alt+shft+s) still makes floating control bars quircky when moving or resizing. Al one sees is the bar with the title of the toolbar. Moving the cursor over the toolbar brings back buttons and functionality. (and I know the unthemed UI is not supported...)

I'll stick to the old version I'm acquainted with for productivity reasons.

[QUOTE=Michael;602800
    * Changing to the non-themed user interface (ctrl+alt+shft+s) still makes floating control bars quircky when moving or resizing. Al one sees is the bar with the title of the toolbar. Moving the cursor over the toolbar brings back buttons and functionality. (and I know the unthemed UI is not supported...)
    [/QUOTE]

Have you tried to minimize and then maximize the program window? That redraws the buttons quickly.

@Kate, I am currently running three versions of XDPX - v12, v15 & v16.
    v16 has sort of covered the bugs in v15 but has introduced its own so no version is wholly resilient in its own right.
    I keep putting off updating or publishing any current sites I have from v16 as there invariably is a Bug that throws a wobble into doing such too soon.
    I have deferred this, expecting a bug release, promised, but not seemingly imminent. v16.0 was spawned on 08 October.

Could you advise if you are just going to roll up these bugs into another version update as this seems to do a disservice to those who have bought into the Update Service?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I am still fighting with Xara Designer Pro X 11. and using my Pro X instead. In PRO X 11 cannot use my custom toolbar, when Xara crashes (too often) the tool-bar vanish completely and I have to start all over creating a new custom toolbar. The only good thing was the Art brush. I created a very nice hair brush and need the whole drawing to export out as pure vector. To my horror it convert my brush to bitmap which is useless for my purpose. I had SO hoped there would be more news on the graphic functions in this update - NOT!
    GUYS I started using Xara 10 years ago because of the vector usage and NOT for bitmap use. I use InDesign when I do text graphics... and other software for web designs and bitmap purposes. PLEASE keep up the vector functions. That how it all started