Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Possible bug in Designer Pro 16

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi cmpan1,

Thank you for your report. Whilst I don't believe it's possible to move merged cells (I don't think this is possible in Excel or Sheets either) it should at least let you move other cells / rows that don't contain merged cells. I have logged this with our developers also to investigate.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    Rob
    Thanks Rob... aside from that... I gotta tell you... I'm lovin' the new version. Is it my imagination or is it a heck of lot peppier than 15... Everything seems to just pop/react so much faster.... Again, I like the upgrade!

Getting back to topic, I think the Tables feature still needs some work.

If I apply a Paragraph style to just one selected row, it changes the entire table. Maybe that's because, internally, Xara deems the entire table a single paragraph. I tried to create, and apply, a character style to some text in a table. However, the change did not take and the selected text retained the style it had before I attempted the change.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe applying styles to table text still needs some work.

Hoping some kind personal can't text this for me. Changing styles of text within a table.

Quote Originally Posted by Promidi View Post
    Getting back to topic, I think the Tables feature still needs some work.

If I apply a Paragraph style to just one selected row, it changes the entire table. Maybe that's because, internally, Xara deems the entire table a single paragraph. I tried to create, and apply, a character style to some text in a table. However, the change did not take and the selected text retained the style it had before I attempted the change.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe applying styles to table text still needs some work.

Hoping some kind personal can't text this for me. Changing styles of text within a table.
    Promodi, if you try to change the text style of more than one cell the change seems to be applied to all cells. I find that I can alter the text styles in a single cell without any issue.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Promodi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will investigate and log with our developers. I think the issues with styles has been partially fixed already.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Promodi, if you try to change the text style of more than one cell the change seems to be applied to all cells. I find that I can alter the text styles in a single cell without any issue.

Acorn
    Yes, I can change individual cells... but it would be nice to be able to change the formatting of an entire row or just a column without it having any affect on the rest of the table.

I am getting the impression that Xara have not finished with this feature. I am going to be on the lookout for updates as I am confident that Xara will include refinements in the handling of tables. I am hoping that they take on board what is in threads like this.

We are planning a patch to fix a large number of issues with tables and other features, some fixes that didn't make it in time to the release and others reported from the community after release. No dates yet but soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    We are planning a patch to fix a large number of issues with tables and other features, some fixes that didn't make it in time to the release and others reported from the community after release. No dates yet but soon.
    My last response I received from Magix support indicated that they could not reproduce the tabs in tables issue. However, she did indicate that this may be because she was using Designer Pro 16.1. This probably means that, they are already using update 16.1 internally and are testing it there before release.

At least she was able to confirm that this issue may be fixed by the time we receive the 16.1 update.