Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Color Palette From Photo -

Dear Xara...

Immediately after creating a colour palette from a photo, and subsequent selection of the original photo, the Colour Bar pop-ups do not appear if I hover over Theme Color 1. If I glide along the colour bar, it might then kick in.
    If I select another shape and try it mostly works.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Color Palette From Photo -

Dear Xara...

Nowhere do you state that the generated Colour Palette is only operating on the original bitmap and not the select image that may have a Contone or Live Effects or Transparency applied.
    This breaks your WYSIWYG principle.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

that is prossibly a consequence of non-destructive bitmap editing that another member thought I was 'pitiful' [as if ] for daring to question

I imagine you need to make bitmap copy of said contoned image, just as you do for bitmap tracing and so much else

can't check - still can't get mine to activate
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I imagine you need to make bitmap copy of said contoned image, just as you do for bitmap tracing and so much else
    Thank you handrawn. I had already established the fudge/kludge of creating a bitmap copy.

I wanted Xara to discover its error all by itself.
    It is self-evident that the UI should not be using the Photo Tool > Palette from Photo; rather, it needs to be a menu option only in the Bitmap gallery.

Acorn

sure

I think the wysiwyg is really a web thing ? - and I don't do that or even documents in xara, so maybe I expect/understand things a bit differently
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    sure
    I think the wysiwyg is really a web thing ? - and I don't do that or even documents in xara, so maybe I expect/understand things a bit differently
    It probably is. Ultimately, Xara is throwing new features into the pot without conscious thought on how they are perceived and used. The result is a lot of tacit information (in your head) and not visually evident so you build up a collection of memes to achieve a workflow. The only problem is my memory is memetically sound (i.e., I can remember steps) but others just get lost.

Xara Designer Pro achieves a smaller memory footprint, faster performance, no program switching and reduced hardware requirements, not to mentoin [sic] an easier learning curve, higher productivity and excellent value for money!
    Don't let your software get in the way of your creativity!
    Xara Designer Pro's Direct Action Tools allow you to create effects such as transparency, shadows, bevels or gradient fills in an interactive, fast and intuitive way.
    Many tasks in Xara Designer Pro benefit from being able to use the drag and drop principle, which is the most intuitive way of working and a great time saver.
    Think of the hoops people go through to achieve a PDF worthy of print.

Acorn