Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Attaching Text Inside

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Hi Acorn,

Thanks for the workflow. However, when I select/copy text and right-click an object, and pick Add Text Inside, I get only 3 selections, "On Top" is no longer on the list. If I select one of them, say Auto-fit, the copied text is not pasted, but I get a cursor. If I start typing and then paste my text, the pasted text does not take on the auto-fit attribute. In my case, the pasted text was smaller. Then, typing some text after the pasted text continues taking on the Auto-fit attribute.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong here? How can one paste text into the object to get it to Auto-fit? Or is this something that is lacking?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara auto-fit text1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	123038

I understand your other part about not being able to change from Auto-fit to Fixed-inside and vice versa after accepting it the first time.
    John, you need to delete the trailing return character or select it first and then paste. Do not start typing as this assumes all pasted text thereafter is pasted at its original size. To get out of it, you need to select all text and then set to Normal text Style and it all resets properly.

It is a powerful tool but so easy to go wrong.

The On Top option is magically elsewhere just now. It is late.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Attaching Text Inside

Acorn,

That was it! Thank you and goodnight.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)