Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Default Re: DESIGNER PRO 16 !

one proviso: if xara make changes to the bars implementation in a new version, this may not work - I think the making of the backup first should be highlighted it is important
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    I believe the image size is a limitation with gdraw but unfortunately I don't know the specifics of it. I can definitely put it in as a improvement request to developers though.

Thanks
    Rob
    Thanks, Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by Promidi View Post
    Export the following key to make a backup of the existing DPX16 toolbars

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\16\BarsNormal

Export the following key for the DPX15 toolbars

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\15\BarsNormal

Edit this reg file to replace \XtremePro x64\15 with \XtremePro x64\16

Double click the edited reg file to import the toolbars into DXP16
    THANK YOU!!! It worked!

Have anyone tried to restore from v15 to v16 the "Options" register?
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\15\Options

I tried, but when running the modified "Options" to v16, a pop-up message informed I was restoring a register from an older version, then I stoped here (when restoring toolbars there wasn't such warning).

Anyway, would it be safe to go ahead and restore "Options" register?

Thanks!

that will almost always have structural changes that would make mapping the old onto the new unworkable - it might 'accept' it but you are asking for trouble

no reason not to change individual keys if you are certain nothing has changed there in the new version
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by cadudesun View Post
    Have anyone tried to restore from v15 to v16 the "Options" register?
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\15\Options
    Thanks!
    I tried with a backup installation of an earlier version to a later version with unpredictable results.

I ended up restoring the keys I exported and decided I won't be trying this again. The structure might differ too much for this to be done safely.

I am going to stick with individual keys from now on.

Hi Rob,
    I've been keeping an eye on the Humble bundle upgarade options and still can't see a way of upgarding with that key. I get the option for a previous version I have but not the HB version I bought recently. Can you pleass let me know when or if the free upgrade will be honered?
    Kind regards
    Peter

It wouldn't be free unfortunately, the upgrade cost would be whatever the upgrade cost on the Magix Website should be. Is there not an option to enter your HB serial number on the checkout?

No. I just get the option to upgrade from version 11. From your previous post it appeared that the HB version did include the updates, I thiught this is what Handrawn was asking as well.

I emailed Magix yesterday about the v15 Humble Bundle key and this was the response I got today..

Your registered copy of Xara Designer Pro X is a version acquired via the Humble Bundle. This license is version-locked at (15.1) and does not include the update service. It is not possible to use this license to update to Xara Designer Pro X (16). We hope for your understanding.
    So it looks like Magix have no plans to honour the "365" update service policy of the program sold in the bundle and really they have mislead people by selling these "365" product(s) in the bundle without clearly outlining the lack of the update service.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

yes it was - but it looks like Magix are not going to honour this beyond the 15.n [ie 15.1] point

time for me to take a serious look at P&G16 which I could upgrade to for a third the price of DPro; if I want to pay to upgrade that is

P&GD has come a long way in terms of features over the last couple of years
    Nothing lasts forever...