Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default DESIGNER PRO 16 !

Just got this, this morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	122355  

Default Re: DESIGNER PRO 16 !

So you go a bit of Magix marketing. Did you get the upgrade as well? I see nothing on TG announcing such, nor in the Magix/Xara websites.

if is is truly v16.0 then we probably won't get notified again through the Check for updates option with the Desktop application and we will lose our UI configurations.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Rob-Xar mentioned this some time ago but again we need to find out by other channels that the latest version is coming.
    Again marketing isn't the strongest suit of magix

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    So you go a bit of Magix marketing. Did you get the upgrade as well? I see nothing on TG announcing such, nor in the Magix/Xara websites.

if is is truly v16.0 then we probably won't get notified again through the Check for updates option with the Desktop application and we will lose our UI configurations.

Acorn
    I have installed version 16 of Designer Pro X. It states in the X16 Release notes that "To update to 16.0 you will need to re-download Designer Pro, as there is no auto-update"

I have left version 15.1 installed so I can transfer my settings to 16.

Some were able to transfer by exporting the relevant entries from the registry, changing the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\16 to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\15 and reimporting. I did this for the recent file list, toolbar options and backup location. I also copied my templates to the 16 folder

Note: Regarding squashing of bitmaps.... now it appears you have to create a group (CTRL-G) of even single photos to enable scale mode for that photo. I was irked at first, but then I could see Xara's logic in doing it this way.

I will run 15.1 and 16 side by side until I am happy with 16

Thumbs down Re: DESIGNER PRO 16 !

Quote Originally Posted by Promidi View Post
    Excellent link as it now shows v16.0 as at 15 October 2018.

The download, however, is trial_designerprox15_dlm.exe at 4MB, seemingly identical to the one I last downloaded on 13 December 2017. Ah well, here goes.
    All it does is allows me to download v15.1.0.53605, 158.29MB all over again.

No v16.0!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Promidi View Post
    I have skimmed through the v16.0 release notes and some of the additions seem worthy.

Visualisation of OpenType options in a Preview.
    Colour Palettes as themed colours from any Photo.
    CSV data for tables.
    Merging of Table Cells.
    PowerPoint Export.

Almost something for everyone - my hat tipped to the Xara developers.

All I need is the right download.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    No v16.0!
    I've not upgraded since Pro X11 but saw the "only $120 to upgrade" screen when I opened up this morning. It usually has a perpetual-but-time-limited offer to save $179 on an upgrade, so now being $219 cheaper and looking different, I paid a bit more attention. I'm in the UK though, so it was cheaper to pay £89 via the Magix website than the click-through from the program on my PC. Strange, given that I'm only about half an hour's drive from Gaddesden Place, that it defaults to a currency foreign to us both.

After I went through the checkout process, it gave me designerprox15_dlm.exe, which I ignored. Speculatively I changed the filename to designerprox16_dlm.exe and it came and installed fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	122356

I really hoped that jumping from X11 to X16 that the 'Recent files' quick access shortcuts in Windows 10 would work now, after exporting something from a Xara document. Still no - it remains the only program I know that doesn't work. I exported the above image as 16.png but the shortcut is to 16 - a non-existent file with no extension.

Name:	recent.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	122357

http://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/download/ works ok - although as you say the installer is ver15 - but the version is '15 october 18', no need to rename it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I've not upgraded since Pro X11 but saw the "only $120 to upgrade" screen when I opened up this morning. It usually has a perpetual-but-time-limited offer to save $179 on an upgrade, so now being $219 cheaper and looking different, I paid a bit more attention. I'm in the UK though, so it was cheaper to pay £89 via the Magix website than the click-through from the program on my PC. Strange, given that I'm only about half an hour's drive from Gaddesden Place, that it defaults to a currency foreign to us both.

After I went through the checkout process, it gave me designerprox15_dlm.exe, which I ignored. Speculatively I changed the filename to designerprox16_dlm.exe and it came and installed fine.

Name:	16.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	122356

I really hoped that jumping from X11 to X16 that the 'Recent files' quick access shortcuts in Windows 10 would work now, after exporting something from a Xara document. Still no - it remains the only program I know that doesn't work. I exported the above image as 16.png but the shortcut is to 16 - a non-existent file with no extension.

Name:	recent.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	122357
    Changing a Windows filename will do nothing to its content.

All I get when running the file is:

Name:	XDPX16.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	122358

I am not going through all the hassle of breaking my current set-up for the same version.
    If it actually installs v16.0 then the filename of the downloader and the selections offered are another Magix tour de force.

Sorry you have W10 file extension difficulties. I would recommend runing the Xara Desktop application as Administrator the one time. That might unclog some DLLs that have not registered or updated properly.

Acorn