Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default flipping and mirroring a bitmap

I must be missing something obvious. In an Designer Pro X10, I could click the Flip or Mirror buttons and my bitmap would flip (vertical) or mirror (horizontal). In Designer Pro X15, clicking these tools does nothing that I can tell.

Is there a setting or a different toolbar tool or menu choice I should be using? Or is it simply not doable in Designer Pro X15?

Thanks.

~ Bal

Default Re: flipping and mirroring a bitmap

Make sure that your bitmap is selected before you click the buttons. Perhaps the bitmap is on a locked layer?

Bal, have you upgraded to v15.1, which overcomes this problem that Xara introduced?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Boy - I'm not sure what you mean. I paste a bitmap onto a Designer Pro canvass and then click to select it. Then I try the flip/mirror tools with no effect. I can rotate the bitmap; I can resize and skew it. But I can't flip or mirror it.

Acorn - I have the latest; probably got it when I purchased it just recently.

~ Bal

After selecting the Image in the tip bar there is two triangle icons on flips vertical the the horizontally..
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Scotty - those tools don't work for me. That's the problem!

Here's a short video demonstrating what I'm experiencing.

https://youtu.be/QFyM5Sa9hik

I can, of course, use another tool to do the flipping or mirroring, including the earlier version of Designer Pro. Just seems strange that I can't do it here.

Interestingly, the flip and mirror tools do work on objects created with Designer Pro 15.1. But not bitmaps.

~ Bal

Thanks for the additional information. That looks strange indeed. Have you tried to restart the program? Perhaps even bij right-clicking the program icon and selecting 'Run as administrator'.

You have Smart Transform enabled.
    With the Lock Aspect Ratio (lock icon) unselected, you get this failure.

Hiding in a totally spurious context menu of the Lock Aspect Ratio is an option for Smart Transform - right-click the lock icon and untick Smart transform.
    I never have it selected.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn - you nailed it! Thank you! It's all good now.

~ Bal

Quote Originally Posted by wordmuse View Post
    Acorn - you nailed it! Thank you! It's all good now.
    ~ Bal
    Cheers Bal.

I wonder how Xara manages to advise all its other Customers with the same difficulties?

Acorn