Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HP Officejet Printer Predujice

When I print from Xara on heavy card stock on my HP OfficeJet printer, if I specify HP Matte Presentation Paper (even though the paper is not HP) is prints fine. If I specify Other Matte Inkjet Paper if prints way off center. Note to self, Lie to the printer.

Default Re: HP Officejet Printer Predujice

check the printers own settings gary - they may be set up different for the two options - this is not the same as the xara settings
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I know that Steve. It is the HP printer's set up. That was the point I was trying to make.

sure Gary you can tell the printer you are using a paper that you are not.. and in fact I do that all the time with my brother printer

an option label is just that - a label that differentiates one set of optimised settings from another [you could call it anything you wanted]- if i choose 'inkjet paper' on my printer it defaults to a higher quality print setting than 'normal paper', so if i want high print quality on normal paper then because changing the option is easier and quicker than changing the underlying setting thats what I usually do, and provided the normal paper is decent quality the only downside is increased drying time and a possible marginal increase in ink usage

Presumably your HP settings are on different page/margin sizes; they may also be on different quality level/enhancement settings - but it's up to the user to determine if Hp are 'right'

At the end of the day what works, works
    Nothing lasts forever...

I know exactly what you’re saying, Gary. I feel the same!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

It's a white lie...(If the paper is)

It's really hard to find the cardstock thickness specifications of the printers, they often don't list it on their site.
    My Epson tabloid "all in one" has died and I'm looking for a replacement. I realy like the large scanning area!

I'm leaning towards Brother this time.

Marc

marc brother usually do list paper info onsite.. eg for mine:

mfc-j6510dw rec paper spec.pdf

it will scan a maximium 11.45 x 16.76 inches [290.9 x 425.7 mm] - not quite full tabloid /ledger or A3 [it assumes margins]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Steve,got the same one and am very pleased with it.
    Did try HP and Canon back in the day but they fell short in so many ways

yes I like it a lot Hans - though like all inkjets it can seem to eat ink sometimes - had for about 4 years and no problems worth mentioning

when I bought it I got free ink with it... or perhaps I got the printer free and paid for the ink because what I paid was more or less the same as the market price for the ink alone; of course t'is the ink that makes the money and with some printers that shows, but this has been a workhorse - if only they did an A2... [sigh]
    Nothing lasts forever...

But at least,though expensive,the cartridges are big enough to get some work done.
    And the paper-tray can always filled unlike those top loaders with a sheet of five.
    Also like the way you can use thicker paper and the duplex settings,for printing cards.