Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Slideshow widget fails to load most images

Hello,

Please help me out if you can, this is an ongoing problem for me. I have a website, and on my 'About' page I have a slideshow widget called 'Fade Slideshow bottom' and it fails to load most of the images. I create the widget, then create individual pages and drag-and-drop the images I want. Everything seems to import correctly, but then when I preview the page, only the first few images are loaded and working - the rest just have the stupid "X" as they failed to load. I have all the images in one folder in the same directory I save the website to.

Please advise if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Slideshow widget fails to load most images

Welcome to TG MrElussive. I can't find a slideshow 'Fade Slideshow bottom'. Is that the correct name? Xara has a habit of introducing new slideshows 7 removing others so perhaps this is why I can't find it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Xara doesn't rely on an image being in a stated folder so I have to assume this is a widget form elsewhere. In its code, are you able to check the directory path the images are expected to be in?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

To insert this slideshow widget, I click right corner, toward the top, 'Design Gallery.' Then I hit 'Page Elements & Widgets' , 'Photo Elements and Widgets', and then 'Fade Slideshow bottom.' It is located right next to where 'Nivo slider' can be found, and yes this same problem happens with Nivo slider as well. First few images are fine, then the rest are bad.

I am happy to check the code myself but no clue how to do that in this program.

Quote Originally Posted by MrElussive View Post
    To insert this slideshow widget, I click right corner, toward the top, 'Design Gallery.' Then I hit 'Page Elements & Widgets' , 'Photo Elements and Widgets', and then 'Fade Slideshow bottom.' It is located right next to where 'Nivo slider' can be found, and yes this same problem happens with Nivo slider as well. First few images are fine, then the rest are bad.
    I am happy to check the code myself but no clue how to do that in this program.
    No need to check code if it is the "Fade Slideshow 2 Widget", filename, widget_slideshow_bottom.xar. In widget mode, it is named slideshowBottom_n.
    This is the one where the thumbs are positioned below the slider image.

To add all of your images, you need to double-click or select and pick Widget: Edit.
    You then drop all of your images, at once onto the first page on add pages and add each image separately. All the instructions for this, and Nivo, are on the first page.

Each image is then part of your design file and therefore never accesses any other directory.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat