Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Total mobile disaster

As a professional web designer my clients mobile sites are not fitting within the screen. My client who got then new iPhone complained today.

This is an issue that is apparent in Apple tablet and new phones.

Andriod is fine.

I have opened a case with dear xara and need help. I will soon post a video to it shortly.

But what can I do urgently to solve this matter?

Please help dear xara.

Default Re: Total mobile disaster

Hi Behzad, I believe Gary has an iPhone X. Perhaps you could pm him the url so he can confirm your findings?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

video Re: Total mobile disaster

Thank you Egg. Here is a link to the video. As you can see, the whole screen shifts over and when returned vertically sometimes the screen does not fit and looks smaller.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wiciF47UvfLBqAuH8

Behzad,
    In Portrait on my iPhone5 your site loads fine as it also does if I view it in Landscape. In both orientations it loads the mobile variant. However on my iPad in Portrait it loads the mobile variant but in Landscape it loads the desktop version but both sized correctly. I notice in your video it does the same, loads the Desktop version in Landscape.

I suggest you use a smaller sized variant to test this out to see what happens on the iPhoneX

It may be down to the stretch header on your desktop version? Try removing that temporarily and see what happens.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I copied and emailed this link to my phone and then pasted it into my iPhone and this is what I see in landscape mode. I expect I am supposed to have an app for this but I do not like to install Google anything on my computer or my phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9749.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	122330  

Hi Gary, I posted the video into my google gallary and send you the link. I guess you have to sign into a google gmail account to see it. I will try to send you a link from pm.

Thank you Egg. Do you mean stretch header as in the slider? I did try to remove the slider and it did the same. About the Main site showing on horizontal view, that is fine, I do not mind that.
    I have explained in more detailed this in the dear xara section.

Egg on all iphones including up to 8 it looks good the new iphones are the ones that have this issue.

Here is the link to the video, hope this works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NgF...ew?usp=sharing

I forwarded a link to this thread to Xara. Just heard back.

HI Gary, I believe Rob was looking at it and ive therefore forwarded it to him.

Ill check with him shortly if hes logged the issue.