Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Clarification needed on what content stays with current version

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Rob, I assume it is Jonopen's: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...590#post599590.

If you like imagery, think playing soccer with a deflated ball.

Acorn
    That's the one.

If you didn't manage to download all your content before it expired then you can send a ticket to Magix, they can sometimes extend it by a little so you can have an opportunity to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    That's the one.

If you didn't manage to download all your content before it expired then you can send a ticket to Magix, they can sometimes extend it by a little so you can have an opportunity to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    That's the one.

I don't know what happened to my screenshots as they were png files but appeared here as postage stamp size jpgs. They were showing the online content available in v12, which was next to nothing, and another showing content of v11.
    From your reply, I gather that I should have downloaded all content before expiry, Wow - a real gotcha!

Contacting Magix is a nightmare, and has got worse, but I'm still working on it They have the worst contact availability I have ever experienced.I will try snail mail as a last resort. I certainly will never again upgrade nor buy anything else from that company, and that includes purchasing a voucher for the privilege of talking to them. With their attitude they will surely take Xara down with them.

I finally managed to contact Magix after I found an email address on my computer going back a few years ago. The response came back from somewhere in Germany within 24 hours of my email. They agreed to extend the download period long enough for me to download. At this point I have not been able to "download all", despite following the directions, but have been able to access the online catalog and download what I needed at this point. Because of their response I am considering "upgrading" to v15, but before doing so want to make sure that I am able to download the content immediately following purchase.
    Magix sent me a link detailing the terms of service regarding retaining paid for content, but I am still confused when it comes to this issue, as apparently are a lot of other people. In spite of their response, I am still not happy about the difficulty in contacting and asking questions of them without first having to purchase a contact voucher.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I finally managed to contact Magix after I found an email address on my computer going back a few years ago. The response came back from somewhere in Germany within 24 hours of my email. They agreed to extend the download period long enough for me to download. At this point I have not been able to "download all", despite following the directions, but have been able to access the online catalog and download what I needed at this point. Because of their response I am considering "upgrading" to v15, but before doing so want to make sure that I am able to download the content immediately following purchase.
    Magix sent me a link detailing the terms of service regarding retaining paid for content, but I am still confused when it comes to this issue, as apparently are a lot of other people. In spite of their response, I am still not happy about the difficulty in contacting and asking questions of them without first having to purchase a contact voucher.
    Phill, open your Local designs gallery. Right-click, in turn, on the text to the right of each blue folder icon and pick the Download All option.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Phill, open your Local designs gallery. Right-click, in turn, on the text to the right of each blue folder icon and pick the Download All option.

Acorn
    Thank you for your advice. Did what you said with success! I had tried something similar before but maybe the internet was down (happens a lot) or I did not wait long enough.
    At least now I can compare v12 online content to v15 and decide it an upgrade makes sense. I do not think that the latest version has much new in the actual program which I
    would use, but the additional online content may be worthwhile.