Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Missing explorer

When I run my pages, of course the default browser which I believe is explorer launches but from the top right menu I can not select it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	122295

Default Re: Missing explorer

I suspect you don't have IE installed Behzad.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I could not find the exe. for it but you may be right, then how is the initial view showing with which browser? I thought it was always explorer as a default?

It's an old version of IE as far as I'm aware, which is probably inbuilt in Xara.

Here's what my inbuilt Xara preview window shows. Only Opera is not available as I don't have it installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	available-browsers.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	122297  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ok will try to reinstall. Thanks.

So egg, I have the latest version 11 on my win 7. This is what I read about edge. I ask DearXara to allow us to default the browser to what we want, I want chrome.

With the launch of Windows 10 comes Edge , Microsoft's new built-in browserthat's meant to replace Internet Explorer. Though IE will still come with Windows, the older browser is being relegated to "legacy compatibility" duties. Microsoft is urging everyone to use Edge for its faster performance and improved features.

I do not want IE or Edge, I want chrome, some may want another browser. Xara have us pick which browser to be the default browser please.....

Can this go to Dear Xara? I believe I already mentioned this before.

I am on win 7 and there is no more update for IE 11.

Basically no Behzad, you can't choose which browser you prefer. Xara uses by default an inbuilt version of an outdated version of IE. So if you wish to preview your creation in the browser of your chose you need to hit Preview, which opens Xara's default browser then select the browser of your choosing by selecting one from the top right browser icons.

A pia I know, we'd all love to be able to set Preview to our default browser of choice (mine would be FireFox) but that's not currently possible so we're stuck with this two click preview option I'm afraid.
    Egg

Thank you Egg. I just bought an 18 egg package, we love eggs I know it is a pitta, that is why I hope xara will make this simple optional switch.