Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I upgraded Xara while I was in the middle of creating a website...

Hi,

Yesterday I upgraded from Xara Web designer v11 premium to the most recent version - v15.

Could you please tell me if it is recommended to finish the website in the version you started with?

I'm asking this because I opened my web file, that was created in v11, in the new version and I had a problem in resizing one page.
    So I had to go back to v11.

But I would like to finish my site in the new version so I can add a google contact form and other social media widgets that are not present in v11.
    Is that advisable?

Default Re: I upgraded Xara while I was in the middle of creating a website...

By all means keep a clean copy in v11.

You should be fine to open and save a new copy in v15. If one of the pages needs resizing in 15 then give it a try. You can also copy the content of the problem page in v11 and paste it into a new page in v15. If the page is successful then you can delete the problem page.

Thank you for your reply.

I started my website in v11 and I'm going to finish in v11. The reason being, I tried to resize one page in v15 and the header (which is a repeat object) went out of the page and I couldn't get it back to its original position. I also couldn't find how to change just one page size without dragging the page edge. And the function repeat and stop updating objects seems to have disappeared.

Unless there is some feature in 15 you cannot live without, best to finish in 11.

I wonder if you have set something on the problem page to repel? This might cause a header or other object to be recalcitrant.

Check in Options > Page Size and make sure All pages in documents same size is NOT checked. This allows you to have different page lengths or sizes. Also, in the Page Size dialog you can specify a custom size in whatever your default unit is.

Repeating Objects are still there, I just checked. Either toward the bottom of the Arrange menu or when you right click on an object.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Repeating Objects.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	122247  

Thank you once again for your reply.

Only today I had the chance to open my website project again in v15. The first time I remember to see a dialogue box saying either there was a error or something missing followed by some capital letters and numbers. Today it didn't appear and the function repeat and stop updating objects was there.

Regarding the page size, it wasn't set for custom size. Thank you for your instructions.
    Anyway, I'm taking your advice in finishing my website in the same version I started.