Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Repeating of object fails "liveshared objects can not be made repeating"

This should be a simple operation: repeating an object on all pages: "liveshared objects can not be made repeating" ??
    I don"t remember ever having "liveshared" any object, so what should I do about it ?

Default Re: Repeating of object fails "liveshared objects can not be made repeating"

I think this message refers to Live Copies. A Live Copy cannot be made into a Repeating Object. I guess because their respective features are not compatible.

Default Re: Repeating of object fails "liveshared objects can not be made repeating"

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I think this message refers to Live Copies. A Live Copy cannot be made into a Repeating Object. I guess because their respective features are not compatible.
    Do you know how do I disable this ?

I have just made a Live Copy of a Shape and Repeated both on other pages.
    I also then created a Variant and everything still works.

Where you get the Error dialog is if you try to additionally try to Share with all Variants.
    Omit this bit and you will be fine. In your case, probably use Website Variants > Stop sharing with variants.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Make sure there are no Live Copy elements in the Repeating Object.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I have just made a Live Copy of a Shape and Repeated both on other pages.
    I also then created a Variant and everything still works.

Where you get the Error dialog is if you try to additionally try to Share with all Variants.
    Omit this bit and you will be fine. In your case, probably use Website Variants > Stop sharing with variants.

Acorn
    I would not know how, maybe it's automatic if you work with variants (in my case main and mobile), I don't know; in this case it's the header image, but there is no stop sharing option (grey)possible ?

I could solve it by copy/pasting the image, delete the the original, etc, but that's not a very elegant way of dealing with the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Make sure there are no Live Copy elements in the Repeating Object.
    What is a live copy element ?

I think you need to read the manual for Live Copies, Repeating Object and Sharing across Variants before trying anything else.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I think you need to read the manual for Live Copies, Repeating Object and Sharing across Variants before trying anything else.

Acorn
    The tool should not force the user to analyse something he himself never wanted. I just want to disable this.

Why would I need to go through the manual if I never used or wanted to use livesharing ?

Members are using their time to assist you Joicol. It's not up to us to read the Help files for you.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host