Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: new Iphone X and Xara

Hi, sorry for the delay. I have logged this with our developers for them to look into. I can't say if or when it will be fixed however.

Thanks
    Rob

Ok

Feels like I'm talking to myself client is upset because on the new iPad the screen is shifting and it doesn't fit in the screen this is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Feels like I'm talking to myself client is upset because on the new iPad the screen is shifting and it doesn't fit in the screen this is embarrassing.
    Can't you make a variant of a size that suits the iPhone X and iPad?

I can then I will have many variants, before all this my 2 variants worked perfectly. Somehow xara is not sending the message to the new devices to centre/fit the screen. On Andriod it is fine now with just two variants. This line of code in Xara is not working with iphone and tablets. Just got the new apple tablet and the screen moves all over the place until it finally something triggers and then it fits in place.

<head>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    </head>

I can then I will have many variants, before all this my 2 variants worked perfectly. Somehow xara is not sending the message to the new devices to centre/fit the screen. On Andriod it is fine now with just two variants. This line of code in Xara is not working with iphone and tablets. Just got the new apple tablet and the screen moves all over the place until it finally something triggers and then it fits in place.

<head>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    </head>
    Your customer doesn't care what the problem is or who's fault it is - they need it fixed now. If Xara aren't moving you need to before your client switches web designer.

Behzad,

Don't imagine that I have much sympathy with Xara's response - if a customer has issues using the software with a very strategic platform, it should be addressed one way or another as a matter of urgency rather than just passing the details to another department.

This is what happens when software goes corporate and nobody takes responsibility for addressing customer issues.

Unfortunately our customers want solutions not buck-passing, so if you can't use Xara to provide a good solution (I think you can, albeit at some effort), then move to a solution that can.

Paul

What do you suggest?

What do you suggest?
    I suggest you make some breakpoint variants that suit the devices that show problems or switch software - I won't be recommending an alternative.

I believe that you rely on Xara templates, which is a pity (if they don't work well). In these circumstances I don't have huge sympathy of web designers that rely on templates either!

I'm curious why others aren't shouting about this issue, but Xara should be all over this. Shame on them.

Hi Paul, No I custom design everything. I do not use their templates. I have taken this very seriously and like you said if I was xara, I would be on this in a second and not months. Due to various resolutions on iphones and ipads and other devices it is useless to make a variant just for this instance. Prior to the new iphones and ipads my clients site worked well on everything. I do appreciate your concern.