Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: new Iphone X and Xara

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Due to various resolutions on iphones and ipads and other devices it is useless to make a variant just for this instance. Prior to the new iphones and ipads my clients site worked well on everything.
    Well I disagree with this viewpoint because you have a dissatisfied customer that needs a solution that you could supply.

Well I can't afford to invest in an iPad or iPhone just to check my sites are working so I agree it has to be a worry for us all.

I don't know if this is any use for testing in Safari for the new generation of iThings: https://www.labnol.org/tech/ipad-use...-string/13230/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Well I can't afford to invest in an iPad or iPhone just to check my sites are working so I agree it has to be a worry for us all.

I don't know if this is any use for testing in Safari for the new generation of iThings: https://www.labnol.org/tech/ipad-use...-string/13230/.

Acorn
    That link is pretty ancient - 2012.

Behzad says this is an issue for the newer iPads and phones and I guess it's related to the larger screen displays, though there have been larger screen sizes for some years now. If it is specific to these modern devices I might wonder if Xara has hand-coded some magic based upon iPad/iPhone sizes and fallen behind the curve.

I will try to upload a new video of the ipad issue later on.

Hi Paul, No I custom design everything. I do not use their templates. I have taken this very seriously and like you said if I was xara, I would be on this in a second and not months. Due to various resolutions on iphones and ipads and other devices it is useless to make a variant just for this instance. Prior to the new iphones and ipads my clients site worked well on everything. I do appreciate your concern.
    The issue is not with making a new variant. The problem comes from the code that xara has to change to accommodate the new iphones/tablets. It is the issue of fit within screen area when device is turn on its side and back and forth.
    Last edited by behzad; 05 December 2018 at 01:50 PM.

@Rob here is an article that can help your developers sort out the issue quicker.

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/m...viewport-setup

https://css-tricks.com/snippets/html...sive-meta-tag/

Bug Re: new Iphone X and Xara

Rob you said in your comment above (IF)? If it will be fixed? This is essential for mobile users, how can I take this software seriously for running a business?

Totally forgotten and Why should I wish Xara a Merry Christmas

Why should I wish Xara a Merry Christmas
    Because this is the Season of goodwill, not sour grapes.

I wish you, the staff at Xara and all TG members a very happy Christmas and New Year.

Merry Christmas Paul, May all your Xara bugs be no more.