Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Looking for a solution to a very annoying problem

Using Xara Pro Designer 10 (won't buy Magix versions) and there is a nagging issue that drives me crazy and there may very well be no solution to it.

I create a cartoon character replete with solid color filled shapes and line work for the outlines of the character. All looks great and I decide that I want to enlarge the character to put onto another new Xara page that is larger in dimension. So I group the entire character and enlarge the size by grabbing the corner node and he is now enlarged in the proper aspect ratio. Problem: When I do this, all of the lines (outlines) shrink in weight and become super thin causing me to manually ungroup the enlarged character and change each outline to the proper thickness to match the look of the original line weights.

Am I overlooking something simple here? The only thing that comes close to working is converting the character to an .emf file and reinserting it into the workspace. Only problem is that if I used shading (linear paint coloring) that does not translate to editable design in the .emf format. Also I can no longer edit the line work as true lines in the emf format.

The reason I choose NOT to convert all of the lines to shapes before enlarging is that I would like to be able to edit the lines as lines if I need to for future adjustments.

Thanks,

Todd

Default Re: Looking for a solution to a very annoying problem

Yes, you are overlooking something simple ... There is a SCALE LINE WIDTH toggle on the SELECTOR TOOL toolbar ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018.09.27_22h13m04s_001_.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	122284  
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Looking for a solution to a very annoying problem

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Yes, you are overlooking something simple ... There is a SCALE LINE WIDTH toggle on the SELECTOR TOOL toolbar ...
    I HATE you and LOVE you at the same time!!! So I have used this program for years and years and NEVER even noticed that!!!!!
    You just made me jump up and down with unmatched joy!!!! It's so simple,...its just stupid!

Thank you!

Todd