Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Content Catalog not inserting Photos or Illustrations

Insert>From Content Catalog
    click on Insert on Stock Photos or Stock Illustrations

Acts like it worked but no result - there is no image downloaded or inserted

Tested opening a website - that works
    Tested Components - that works
    Tested Symbol - that works

But I cannot insert an Stock Photos or Stock Illustrations

I'd contact Magix support but that is and exasperating ordeal that results in critical issues being addressed days later. This my second can't use Designer Pro issue this week.

Default Re: Content Catalog not inserting Photos or Illustrations

So, I have made sure DP is up to date. Ran windows updates. Rebooted. Restarted, closed and restarted DP several times. Still able to use the content catalog for objects other than Pictures and Illustrations.

Both working fine here Eric.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Both working fine here Eric.
    Egg, I just tried the same thing on the second PC I have activated. The same situation; stock photos and illustrations will not import, however, components, websites, symbols all import just fine.

Just submitted a support ticket to Magix, but not much confidence there.

Well I think I may have found an issue. Previous issue this week DP said I had to many activitations. So, per handrawn, I deactivated and reactivated. Back to working. Well Magix support deactivated both my activations. When I look at my DP 365 it shows not activations. But now I can't figure out how to get it activated again. When starting it does not prompt for activations. If I choose to register on the Magix support site it says the license number is alread registered.

Hi Onlye,

Apologies, here was a previous problem with photos and illustrations that we have fixed, you shouldn't get any more problems there but please let me know if you do.

If you have any problems with activating still, please let me know your ticket number and I'll chase it up with Magix.

Many thanks,
    Rob

I just tested and it is working now. So this was an issue at the Content Catalog and not my PC? In other words, nothing else necessary for my install?

thanks for the reply. the ones from Magix don't say anything like this.

This is why I download everything I can and not rely on Xara to act as a proxy to Pixabay.

If I use Pixabay directly, I can at least guess if it is an Internet problem. With Xara, you are left hanging until it is challenged or Magix get Xara to solve it.
    Also, it all goes away when you are out of the Update Service! My workarounds are here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...200#post592200.

Finally, Xara hold the keys to the Online Content Catalogue (OCC) and jiggle them every couple of days. It has been known to misplace them and Customers have lost all prior downloads. The availability of the Xara servers is still only 98%.

Perhaps we should be alarmed by this failure to understand its Customers' expectations.
    A simple pop-up within the OCC for server down, maintenance, rework, major enhancement or whatever seems to be the perfect opportunity to engage.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Don't forget we're limited by what Pixabay's API allows and have to work around that too. Using Pixabay directly and using it through an API are two entirely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Don't forget we're limited by what Pixabay's API allows and have to work around that too. Using Pixabay directly and using it through an API are two entirely different things.
    Rob, I appreciate that but it is making the Desktop application egg-bound.

Including Pixabay "justifies" Xara's move on-line; a WAGI (What a good idea). I get it. The hype that 900,000+ photos are available is unconscionable as they all evaporate out of the Update Service cover.
    In using the API, you also exclude some 600,000 of the highest resolution images and videos.

Why would anyone go for second best for a year?
    How much does it cost Xara to allow all its Customers access through its servers and API to Pixabay content? If it is a shed of money then there is even less justification for adding it into the OCC.

Sorry, I almost forget. The OCC is a major fail for me over Pixabay direct as there is no indication of the tagging that makes searching for content so purposeful through Pixabay. When I search for "kohl", Pixabay returns 230 images to Xara's 150.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat