Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Huge question, can i do this?

hi
    i want to buy this software but i have a few question
    i don't know if somebody can help me, thanks in advance

can i change the source code of the page without issues once the page is done or almost done? (example .html)

can i use it to sell pages or is it personal use?

i'll use it to make easier the development of web pages for some clients, does it have property code or banners? (example: "developed with Xara" in the page or source code)

if it has am i allowed to remove it?

once the license expire nothing will be lost? i mean if i have to update a web made with xara and i have my license expired will i have any kind of issue (source code modify not the xara tool)

thanks and sorry to ask too much

Default Re: Huge question, can i do this?

can i change the source code of the page without issues once the page is done or almost done? (example .html)
    Yes you could but every time you make changes to the page and publish it (i.e., export it to .htm), the program will overwrite your custom code.

can i use it to sell pages or is it personal use?

You can use the pages you make for commercial use but you cannot repackage the included contents and sell that.

i'll use it to make easier the development of web pages for some clients, does it have property code or banners? (example: "developed with Xara" in the page or source code)

When you publish the pages to .htm (or .html) the program includes Xara's name in the source code.

if it has am i allowed to remove it?
    You could and are allowed to remove it but you will have the same problem as mentioned in the first answer.

once the license expire nothing will be lost? i mean if i have to update a web made with xara and i have my license expired will i have any kind of issue (source code modify not the xara tool)

No, when your 'update service' expires you still will continue to have full and indefinite use of your program and nothing in the source code of the sites you created or will create in the future will be modified. However, you will lose access to the online content gallery and will no longer receive software updates.

Default Re: Huge question, can i do this?

Further to Boy's excellent coverage, do look at Help > Search: Acknowledgements for all the Copyright notice for code Xara uses or has licensed.

Also, it is easier and repeatable to use jQuery and Placeholders or embed your won source into be design and not after compilation.

Most developers would spot a Xara HTML filter output even if you stripped out all mention of Xara. That would be a red flag to some, saying, "I am doing something suspicious here, do look closer."

You can develop templates that subsequently run with the Xara Desktop application. The problem is if you sell on such, the end-user probably still need to have an active Xara account if any of your design needs to be modified.

Personally, I would write to Xara and explain your opportunity to check if it is legal.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat