Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hi there
    doing a simple button in flash...then adding an action to this instance...an on release get url with a mailto: action.i've followed all instructions according to a tutorial that i downloaded from flashmaster yet when i test the movie file all the roll over show up but not the action...it supposed to open the mail function.i do enable button before testing movie.where do i go wrong? a similar tutorial in fireworks works well??? does anyone have a step by step tutorial on this subject...should be a very simple project.
    thanks

god created the world in 6 days;on the 7th she rendered
    IP

hi there
    doing a simple button in flash...then adding an action to this instance...an on release get url with a mailto: action.i've followed all instructions according to a tutorial that i downloaded from flashmaster yet when i test the movie file all the roll over show up but not the action...it supposed to open the mail function.i do enable button before testing movie.where do i go wrong? a similar tutorial in fireworks works well??? does anyone have a step by step tutorial on this subject...should be a very simple project.
    thanks

god created the world in 6 days;on the 7th she rendered
    IP

Hi there,

You won't be able to test this action from within Flash. You'll have to export the movie first, and then test. It's a pain in the butt, I know, but it's the only way to do it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Just keep exporting and testing whenever in doubt. Also, another good idea is to publish as HTML when in doubt, as well, since sometimes features of a web browser won't be available as features in the Flash Player.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO