Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cannot access online content catalog

Hello,

First of all I'm new to this forum and Xara in general, I just bought the humble bundle and thought the software looks quite handy. So hi everybody, and if I'm not posting in the correct subforum or if I'm breaking any rule, please let me know and I'll fix it.

When I bought it on humble bundle at the highest tier, it said that I would get Xara Designer Pro X along with a one-year subscription to the online content catalog - that catalog was a big reason why I bought this in the first place.

However, after I registered and installed Xara Designer Pro X, I still can't access the content catalog. I can't import a single smartshape because it says that I must buy them by clicking on "more info", and it just gets me to a product page where I can see a list of their products. I also got the free subscription for Xara Cloud hoping that it would help, but it didn't do anything.

So, I've done an extensive google search to know how I could access them, and I couldn't find anything - I considered contacting support, but judging by a few messages here and there they are quite awful, which is why I chose to post here instead.

So, could anyone please tell me how do I get access to the full online content catalog to get that 1-year subscription that humble bundle promised I would get, please ?

Thanks!

Default Re: Cannot access online content catalog

I will be interested to see what xara say..

meanwhileyoumight read:

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...924#post599924
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the answer! I took a look at your link but it didn't really help. I didn't install any previous Xara products ever. Now to be honest I just gave up on it - I guess that'll teach me to not do enough research on the content of a humble bundle.

Hi Lemexis,

You should have access to the whole content Catalogue. Have you submitted a ticket to Magix? (and if so can you let me know what the ticket number is?)

Normally this occurs when there is a problem with a particular installation file that records your serial number when you activate, in that it doesn't record it properly.

Can you try uninstalling Xara through the normal windows control panel procedure, and the re-install. After it has been installed, before starting the program, can you right-click the program shortcut > Run as Administrator and then activate and see if you have access now to the Content Catalogue? This will regenerate the files that store your serial number and normally fixes the issue.

Kind Regards
    Rob