Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Thank goodness for talkgraphics community, Magix/Xara support are awful

Xara and Magix support is just awful.

Have had 2 can't use the product issues this week with Designer Pro. One prevented even starting the program. Thanks to handrawn via the forum the first was resolved.

AND Magix support did respond after several days that it is Windows fault and do the same thing I already did.

The process to use Magix support is so aggressively anti-customer.

After exhausting a search for an answer you then struggle to find how to ask for support.
    You find it is filling out a form (or paying money upfront to talk with someone)
    As you type the issue the form keeps juggling and animation offering suggestions that are entirely off base. (Hey, I am already frustrated, quit that crap!)
    Then after you submit a request for help, you receive an email offering the same off-base useless solutions.
    AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO THE EMAIL that NO it did not address your issue BEFORE and actual ticket is sent to support.
    Then after several days you may or may not get a response that may or may not have anything to do with addressing your issue.

I pay an annual subscription fee of questionable value to continue to use the software, how about Magix at least provide a reasonable level of support?

Ok, off my soap box. Thanks for letting me vent and

THANKS again to the talkgraphics community
    Last edited by onlye; 22 September 2018 at 05:47 PM.

Default Re: Thank goodness for talkgraphics community, Magix/Xara support are awful

I think your frustration is shared by many. We are all members or volunteers here, many of us have used Xara products from long ago and when we can remember the answer to a question we do our best to help.

Default Re: Thank goodness for talkgraphics community, Magix/Xara support are awful

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I think your frustration is shared by many. We are all members or volunteers here, many of us have used Xara products from long ago and when we can remember the answer to a question we do our best to help.
    Thanks Gary. I have been using Xara products for over 10 years. I do like the products and use them daily for commercial use. I very seldom need support, but when I do, I need it. BTW your help and education over the years has been invaluable.

Hi onlye,

We've said to Magix previously as well about the state of their support system and how frustrating it is (and how their auto-suggestions need improving). We've been assured that they are working on this and will be improving the process. We always pass comments back onto them and chase up complaints.

Thanks
    Rob

A very sincere thanks to you Rob for your reply and help. I still think I have an issue with my registration. But I got a jump through hoops email from Magix that I am going to try.

eric

Unhappy Re: Thank goodness for talkgraphics community, Magix/Xara support are awful

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    Xara and Magix support is just awful.

Have had 2 can't use the product issues this week with Designer Pro. One prevented even starting the program. Thanks to handrawn via the forum the first was resolved.

AND Magix support did respond after several days that it is Windows fault and do the same thing I already did.

The process to use Magix support is so aggressively anti-customer.

After exhausting a search for an answer you then struggle to find how to ask for support.
    You find it is filling out a form (or paying money upfront to talk with someone)
    As you type the issue the form keeps juggling and animation offering suggestions that are entirely off base. (Hey, I am already frustrated, quit that crap!)
    Then after you submit a request for help, you receive an email offering the same off-base useless solutions.
    AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO THE EMAIL that NO it did not address your issue BEFORE and actual ticket is sent to support.
    Then after several days you may or may not get a response that may or may not have anything to do with addressing your issue.

I pay an annual subscription fee of questionable value to continue to use the software, how about Magix at least provide a reasonable level of support?

Ok, off my soap box. Thanks for letting me vent and

THANKS again to the talkgraphics community
    Having just tried contacting Magix I had the same unfortunate experience. I used their form to describe the issue and when doing that I kept getting inappropriate suggestions popping up. I finally got past that hurdle and was asked to download a link to a tool to facilitate entering details of my windows system files, which had absolutely nothing to to with the issue. I downloaded it several times but it would not open.

I then went into windows/sys and copied and pasted the info into the description box, but that produced an error. I then followed another link which brought up another form with separate boxes for system details,like graphics cards, sound cards etc. Once I filled that in up came another error as I had left the graphics card box empty, because my laptop has built in graphics as opposed to a card, so I filled it in with the name of a graphics card that was sitting around and tried resubmitting. It must have gone through as the next screen announced that it had been received and that there would be a delay in receiving any response. I then tried phoning and found out that I had to purchase a voucher (for an undisclosed amount) before they would answer my call. Customer service from large companies has gotten worse in general, but this experience is the worst I have ever experienced.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/images/icons/icon9.png

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Customer service from large companies has gotten worse in general...
    I agree. Getting support from large companies has become quite stressful. When I have reported problems to large companies they usually don't read all of the details I give them and send me canned responses. If there are multiple issues they usually answer the first one and don't respond to the others. On top of that they can take a long time to actually reply. I've waited up to a week in some cases.

IMHO, in general, large companies tend to be more interested in profits while small companies (although they need profits) are more interested and enthusiastic about providing customers with good products and service. Small companies value their customers while large companies don't really seem to care that much because they have so many of them (especially if they have a few products).

= Steve

I'm sorry, but Magix will not improve anything! Everything, absolutely everything, I've ever bought Magix come to ruin. They can only do aggressive marketing and nothing else! And no one will newsedit me otherwise, because it is a fact confirmed by years.

And ...

In the Russian tech support no one can do anything to say about Xara Designer. No one at all! And can't answer at all ANY QUESTIONS!
    They say when i call to Magix(I wanted to find out details of license renewal): "Oh, you know, it's such a rare program that no one buys ... we anything known about it, but if you want to buy it - we sell."))) Idiots!