Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 How to insert Whatsapp icone in a website with Web Designer Premium 12

I have my website done with Web Designer Premium 12.

This is a professional website for my small company and I have many customers that call me via Whatsapp Web.
    How can I insert this application in my homepage ?
    This application will be use by my customers in Switzerland.

Thank you very much
    Apollogeneva
    IP

Default Re: How to insert Whatsapp icone in a website with Web Designer Premium 12

Welcome to Tg Appogeneva.

Try this:

https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/web/28080003
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: How to insert Whatsapp icone in a website with Web Designer Premium 12

Great ! http://www.generalservices.ch/
    Thank you Mr. Egg BramHill
    It works very well at his stage.

Next time I will try to have a direct call via Whatsapp.
    Any new idea is this forum welcome..

Apollogeneva
    IP

Don't know a lot re WhatsApp but clicking on your link takes over 10 seconds to load the WhatsApp page. Can anyone else test this?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Apollogeneva View Post
    Great ! http://www.generalservices.ch/
    Thank you Mr. Egg BramHill
    It works very well at his stage.

Next time I will try to have a direct call via Whatsapp.
    Any new idea is this forum welcome..

Apollogeneva
    That's very useful. What does the WhatsApp icon on your website link to?
    IP

Info Re: How to insert Whatsapp icone in a website with Web Designer Premium 12

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    That's very useful. What does the WhatsApp icon on your website link to?
    LGH, i think everyone needs to read https://faq.whatsapp.com/general/cha...-click-to-chat.

All the OP is doing is setting up the launch of WhatApp, which you need to be already installed on your phone or device, to launch directly into a phone call back to you with a prompt:
    "https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=41787084399&text=" doesn't have the prompt filled in.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Thanks once again Acorn - this will suit one of my clients perfectly.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Apollogeneva View Post
    I have my website done with Web Designer Premium 12.

This is a professional website for my small company and I have many customers that call me via Whatsapp Web.
    How can I insert this application in my homepage ?
    This application will be use by my customers in Switzerland.

Thank you very much
    Apollogeneva
    That should be possible using some Custom CSS.

Use this in an HTML Block where you want the button to be placed:

<div onclick="location.href='https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=PHONENUMBERHERE&amp;text=Hoi,%20ik%20wi l%20graag%20een%20afspraak%20maken';" align="center" class="whatsappbutton"><i class="fa fa-whatsapp fa-2x"></i><span>Send a Message</span></div>

Obviously place your own phone number at “PHONENUMBERHERE”. The rest is adjustable as you see.

Then use the following code in the Design > Custom CSS tab:

/* WhatsApp Button */

.whatsappbutton { background-color: #7ACC72; /* Green */ border: none; color: white; text-align: center; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16px; border-radius: 20px; padding: 10px 20px; margin-top: 10px !important; width: fit-content; margin: auto; cursor: pointer }

.whatsappbutton span { vertical-align: text-bottom !important; }

.fa-whatsapp { margin-right: 10px; }
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sheemer View Post
    That should be possible using some Custom CSS.

Use this in an HTML Block where you want the button to be placed:
    <div onclick="location.href='https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=PHONENUMBERHERE&amp;text=Hoi,%20ik%20wi l%20graag%20een%20afspraak%20maken';" align="center" class="whatsappbutton"><i class="fa fa-whatsapp fa-2x"></i><span>Send a Message</span></div>
    Obviously place your own phone number at “PHONENUMBERHERE”. The rest is adjustable as you see.

Then use the following code in the Design > Custom CSS tab:
    /* WhatsApp Button */
    .whatsappbutton { background-color: #7ACC72; /* Green */ border: none; color: white; text-align: center; text-decoration: none; font-size: 16px; border-radius: 20px; padding: 10px 20px; margin-top: 10px !important; width: fit-content; margin: auto; cursor: pointer }
    .whatsappbutton span { vertical-align: text-bottom !important; }
    .fa-whatsapp { margin-right: 10px; }
    sheemer, while I am sure all the above coding will work, why have you ignored the Xara mechanism of adding a Link as described in Post#6 above to an existing icon/shape/text object?

Xara does not have a Custom CSS tab and doe not have FontAwesome installed in a fashion that can readily use your code.
    Why would a Swiss user be adding messages in Dutch?

This is your second Post that is dubious.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

I'm closing this thread. It appears to be a spam magnet. If anybody has any new questions please start a new thread.
    IP