Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: As a Xara user how old are you?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20-25

0 0%
  • 26-30

3 8.11%
  • 31-35

1 2.70%
  • 36-40

1 2.70%
  • 41-45

2 5.41%
  • 46-50

1 2.70%
  • 51-60

7 18.92%
  • 61-65

7 18.92%
  • 66-70

7 18.92%
  • 71-80

8 21.62%
  • 81-85

0 0%
  • 86+

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Average age of TalkGraphics users.

Have to agree with Ernie above, any university/college and school will teach the adobe stuff and open software such as wordpress. This is then taken to the workplace where experience/knowledge of adobe software is preffered. Xara/magix/whatever is limited in their marketing - a while back I posted a thread about how xara had missed out on a massive opportunity to grab people forced to leave adobe muse and companies like webflow benefited because they bothered to market their product and were keeping in touch with what is going on.

It doesn't suprise me that the demographic is so high, but I did expect at least some in their 20s.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

28 years but I'm not part of the category charts say I'm a beginner novice who delights in drawing and create logos and pixel art.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    I did expect at least some in their 20s.
    How would these people ever hear about Xara software and why should they find it appealing?

If they want vector software they have plenty of alternatives, including affinity.
    If they want a photo editor they have plenty of alternatives, including affinity.
    If they want a page layout program they have alternatives which will soon include Affinity.
    If they want a web publisher there are plenty of alternatives, including Wordpress.

Until Magix became involved with Xara I had never heard of them and I never see them mentioned outside of these forums. I bought Xara back in the day when it was ahead of the game with very few competitors.

On the subject of Adobe, they are on the slide, but still currently the de-facto standard. Most people I follow or interact with online aren't using Photoshop or illustrator for web or app design. The new trend is towards design tools that support collaboration and are targeted towards web and app design, often with animation support and simulation of final designs as apps or web pages. Adobe's attempt at this market is XD.

Adobe has abandoned several software projects and I think they won't be the de-facto standard for web/app design in a few years. I'm not sure what will because there are several close competitors. I think the interoperabilty of Adobe software and the sector standardisation for Adobe's file formats has saved them.

TG isn't necessarily representative of the Magix/Xara userbase but I've thought for some time that the demographic is very old in comparison with other competitors. I don't see anything that would make that change.

Quote Originally Posted by LucaWeb View Post
    28 years but I'm not part of the category charts say I'm a beginner novice who delights in drawing and create logos and pixel art.
    Welcome!

What made you choose the software and how did it come to your attention?

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Welcome!

What made you choose the software and how did it come to your attention?
    Always I delight to draw vector graphics and turning on sites looking for rebates saw prices almost always inaccessible creative programmes such as if a person doesn't work it becomes difficult to pay for it every month.

Having said that, unfortunately, at least for those who work and manages programs of this type there are many free alternatives already used almost ALL and none is as fast as Xara Designer Pro X MAGIX Photo & Graphic Designer.

What allows you to do this program is amazing and with other programs you take twice as long.

This is why I'm using it and so far I am very well, and the thing about not putting a fixed membership is a good thing, even if $199 are still a lot of money and hardly any one who begins to use programs of this kind can spend such a figure in lthough with humble bundle discounts this becomes possible.

I hope that the text is clear unfortunately to communicate using a translator.

Quote Originally Posted by LucaWeb View Post
    I hope that the text is clear
    It's good and I wish you much success with the software.

The poll shows that the users are of 'quite an age'.
    Much can be read into that.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    The poll shows that the users are of 'quite an age'.
    Much can be read into that.
    Not really. The poll means little as regards actual, real, statistics. It's a maybe, maybe not thing.

It does show that the usual suspects around here are of certain age ranges. But I suspect that there are more than (presently) 27 licencees.

Indeed Mike. It only indicates the age profile of Xara users as members of TG and even then only reflects mainly persistent contributors not the occasional browser of TG.

According to this Forum there are 31,339 Members
    so 27 (current) replies isn't a gnat bite of this figure. But then again 31,312 members are being very silent
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, I'm going to "change my mind" about this "subject" in less than two months. Should I vote now anyway (giving my current "opinion")?