Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Proper case option

Apologies if already requested (search didn't find it specifically): Under the Change Case option, could you please add a 'Proper' option that would capitalize each word, like names, titles of books/films, etc? Most programs seem to offer this so it should be easy to do.
    Thanks

Default Re: Proper case option

+1 I have never heard this term before but it is an excellent idea.

Comes from way back, but is still found in Excel. I always thought it was a useful option.

I think what your referring to is also called "Title Case". In my opinion that would be a great addition.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Proper casing is hard to do. And there are a few different standards at play. Words in a string consisting of and, the, and others shouldn't be in caps, for instance in most English casing situations. But other languages vary.

But the common casing of other applications would be a good start.

Hi bkjohns,

This option (labelled Initial Case) will be available in the next version (V16) when it comes out very soon.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi bkjohns,
    This option (labelled Initial Case) will be available in the next version (V16) when it comes out very soon.
    Thanks Rob
    Rob, so Xara is jumping from v15.1 to v16.0?

Will the transition be better than v12. to v15?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, next version will be V16.

V16 will require a new installer as with version 12 > 15 unfortunately.

Thanks for the info Rob. Care to tease us more with a definition of very soon?

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Proper casing is hard to do. And there are a few different standards at play. Words in a string consisting of and, the, and others shouldn't be in caps, for instance in most English casing situations. But other languages vary.

But the common casing of other applications would be a good start.
    Agreed - some issues still remain in the latest version of Excel - so you just have to work around them, but overall I find it quicker than changing every letter in every word to upper or lower case and then editing to fit my needs one letter at a time. Maybe someday someone will figure out the programming to make it adjust to real life.