Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DP X 365 Can't start - says too many activations - BUT

Trying to start Designer Pro and a window pops up to login to check adtivations and deactivate a pc. Problem is I am running it on a PC on the activated list. Ran fine last night. Today an error. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING. If I deactivate it on this laptop then it appears I have to wait 30 days to activated it back on this laptop.

Default Re: DP X 365 Can't start - says too many activations - BUT

hi

since the change to magix account for activation I have had to do this several times - at no time did I get caught by the '30 day rule' even when it was only a matter of days between, but I cannot guarantee that you won't of course...

it settled down after a while.. I think in my case it was an image restore that triggered it...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    hi

since the change to magix account for activation I have had to do this several times - at no time did I get caught by the '30 day rule' even when it was only a matter of days between, but I cannot guarantee that you won't of course...

it settled down after a while.. I think in my case it was an image restore that triggered it...
    So, do i deactivate the device that is currently activated and then reactivate on the same device?

thanks.

this what I did - I closed the program - I went to the account and deactivated the program on the device - I then re-started the program and activated it when prompted
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    this what I did - I closed the program - I went to the account and deactivated the program on the device - I then re-started the program and activated it when prompted
    Well handrawn, your advice was excellent. Working now. AND Magix support did respond after several days that it is Windows fault and do the same thing. Xara and Magix support are just awful.

that's good, glad to hear it's working now

Ah magix [the activation system is magix] you design something to run on windows... and when it doesn't work well that's the fault of... windows

maybe if you didn't try to make everything so damn complicated it might be less likely to fall over....
    Nothing lasts forever...

So support at Magix did address this for me by de-activating my devices. Now I can't use the Content Catalag and can't figure out how to re-activate. Magix support SUCKS

do you by any chance have a previous installation of designer 365 - say ver 12 as well as ver 15 installed?

if so try uninstalling the first one and see if it fixes the problem..

only dead reckoning here, I don't use the OCC

I'm assuming here that the program itself is now activated, right? - or you couldn't open it....
    Last edited by handrawn; 22 September 2018 at 08:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Nothing lasts forever...

following on from what I just said, I have version 12 installed the licence expired at 12.6; I have just bought a ver 15 licence [courtesy of HUmblebundle else I would never have bothered, but that way I can make on the deal]

I have your problem on ver 15; unless I uninstall ver 12 which cannot access the content anyway as the licence is expired

I am thinking maybe only one ver of 365 can access the pixelbay stuff on a given device and ver 15 fails to automatically take over from the lapsed ver 12 ? - maybe acorn will know more about this, he's more of an expert...
    Last edited by handrawn; 22 September 2018 at 08:55 PM. Reason: add some
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have Pro Ver15, Ver 12 and ver 11. I can access the catalog without any problem in both 15 and 12.

Ray