Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default [BUG] Xara Web Designer - clicking through popup layers

Hi,
    I am working with latest Xara Web Designer Premium and I found out following issue. I have a grid of photos, each of them has MouseOver layer which shows dark rectangle and the name of the item (Image 1). When the photo is clicked, popup layer with additional info about the item appears (Image 2, whole orange rectangle is background for popup layer) and covers photo grid. This behaviour is achieved with right click on the photo->Web properties -> Link -> When the selected object is clicked: Popup layer. Popup layer itself has Fade In transition effect applied and Close pop-up automatically tick box is DISABLED.

Now, the problem. When the popup layer is opened and I click on on the same area which caused it appear (the photo from grid), the active popup layer is immediatelly closed and opened again. Put simply, mouse click from the popup layer is propagated to the layer beneath and onMouseClick event is called again even though this shouldnt happened and active popup layer should take all the focus. This is happening only when I click on the photo area connected with opened popup layer. If I try to click on other photo while popup layer is opened, behaviour is is as expected and nothing happens. Also, when I do this or when I click anywhere else on the screen and then I click on the problematic photo again, nothing happens and everything is ok. So this is obviously some focus problem which persists only until the first click on the popup layer area.

Can you take a look on this, please? I think it could be relatively easy to fix. Thanks for your good work!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	122205
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	122206

Default Re: [BUG] Xara Web Designer - clicking through popup layers

jamos, I can confirm this is a new and aberrant behaviour in v15. It works as required in v11 and v12.

Up to now, I would have added a Link - popup:close to the pop-up but even that now fails.

Not impressed,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for your confirmation, Acorn. Any chance this will be fixed in some of the next updates?

Quote Originally Posted by jamos View Post
    Thanks for your confirmation, Acorn. Any chance this will be fixed in some of the next updates?
    jamos, Xara is currently in a beta test phase at the moment so it is unlikely it will be fixed for a lot of months as you have been the first to flag it up.

Xara might be on the case already, but it won't tell us and it neglects to advise what bugs are fixed in any version.

I will have a play around and see if there is anything we can do here for ourselves.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

As far as I can determine, the fault only occurs if you do not move the mouse after you first click to open and then click to close. The onmousedown event seems to fire up properly on the second attempt.

Acorn

I'll forward this to the developers. It seems when new features are added, they sometimes effect how old features work.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 19 September 2018 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    As far as I can determine, the fault only occurs if you do not move the mouse after you first click to open and then click to close. The onmousedown event seems to fire up properly on the second attempt.
    Acorn
    Thanks for investigating, Acorn. For me, the bug occurs no matter if I move the mouse or not.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I'll forward this to the developers. It seems when new features are added the often effect how old features work.
    Thanks, I really think it will not be hard to fix, so eventually it could be ok in next update.

Thanks, I could reproduce this also in older versions also. logged as DDES-15432

Smile Re: [BUG] Xara Web Designer - clicking through popup layers

Thanks Rob.
    Up to now I thought I had an iffy mouse!

Acorn