Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't insert photo's into gallery by drag and drop.

I am using xara designer pro x and am trying to add photos/change default ones, and it will not let me do it through drag and droping. When i try to move the photo it shows a circle with a line through it and will just not work. I can adjust them one at a time by wright clicking the photo and changing it there, but that is alot of work to change over a hundred photos on the website i am working on. If anyone can help me i would be grateful. Thanks

Default Re: Can't insert photo's into gallery by drag and drop.

Welcome to TalkGraphics.

Are you trying to drag and drop from outside the program, e.g. a folder or the desktop? This should work.

And is this a template or a document you created yourself?

Yea from outside the program. From my pictures folder. This is a template that i loaded up.

I also have Xara Designer pro x, so I gave it at try and found I could reproduce your problem when using the Windows Explorer to drag and drop photos in my computer to Xara Designer X. I also got an error message each time.

However, I usually use the Faststone Image Viewer instead of Windows Explorer, and found that I had no problem whatsoever when using the Faststone Image Viewer to drag and drop to Xara Designer Pro.

The Faststone Image View is one of my favorite tools and can be downloaded for free at www.fastone.org

Note that the Faststone Image View can be used for free, but is in fact Donationware, so If you find it useful please support them by donating something to pay them for their great product !

I'm not associated with Faststone in anyway. I just love their Viewer ! A very useful tool !

I cant get it to work using faststone image viewer either. It looks like a nice program though, so i will continue to check it out though.

I just updated a website and had no problems dragging and dropping. Just tried it again and still no problem. I am using the the current updated Xara Pro.

What is the file type you are trying to update with?

Ray

i have tried jpg ,and png i will try reinstalling and see if that fixes it.

Try restarting the progam as Administrator.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I got it to work. i had to turn administrator access off to get it to work. Thanks everyone for all their help.

Go figure!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host