Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What is the current version of XDPX?

Hi all,

I thought I'd find this info either on the Xara website or in their "new release" postings here, but didn't. I am trying to determine if my version is the latest (the version I have is DPX version 15.1.0.53605 dated May 3 2018) or if there's a more recent build I need to install before I report a bug. Essentially I'm trying not to waste technical support's time, though I feel mine has been wasted searching for what should be easy-to-find info.

I've used the "check for update" option and it claims no updates are available, but the Xara site--though not providing a full version number for some unknown reason--has a May 24, 2018 date for the version available for downloading. As this is a date later than what I have installed it implies there's a new build (or they updated the download page on the 24th and it's just the same version I already have installed). I also looked at their Release Notes but again no mention of the full build number. Sad!

Can someone please point me to where I can find the latest build number?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: What is the current version of XDPX?

Quote Originally Posted by jcnassoc View Post
    Hi all,

I thought I'd find this info either on the Xara website or in their "new release" postings here, but didn't. I am trying to determine if my version is the latest (the version I have is DPX version 15.1.0.53605 dated May 3 2018) or if there's a more recent build I need to install before I report a bug. Essentially I'm trying not to waste technical support's time, though I feel mine has been wasted searching for what should be easy-to-find info.

I've used the "check for update" option and it claims no updates are available, but the Xara site--though not providing a full version number for some unknown reason--has a May 24, 2018 date for the version available for downloading. As this is a date later than what I have installed it implies there's a new build (or they updated the download page on the 24th and it's just the same version I already have installed). I also looked at their Release Notes but again no mention of the full build number. Sad!

Can someone please point me to where I can find the latest build number?

Thanks in advance!

We believe there is a beta being tested at the moment but no indication of when the version will be finalised (as ever). It is 137 days since v15.1 was versioned; four to four and a half months.

Also the difference between 03 May and 24 May is probably Xara passed the version over on 03 May and the Magix installers took until 24 May to package and release.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the quick reply, Acorn. Much appreciated!

Me thinks Xara/Magix need to lock down their application release process. In the opinion of this software developer they seem a bit sloppy.

Have a great day!

A few days ago I purchased, downloaded and installed XDPX and it states - Xara Designer Pro X 15.1.1.54376 CD x64 Aug 17 2018.

Got it, as well as other Magix software for a special offer here - https://www.humblebundle.com/softwar...esign-software

Was a bargain.....

Cheers,
    RW

As a 'new' customer, you received your copy on a CD (hence 'CD' as part of the version number). You seem to have the latest version. The rest is still waiting for a point update with bug fixes through a download (hence the 'DL' in the other version number). So, lucky you!

I saw the "CD" in the version description description but I downloaded the files from Magix for the installation. No CD involved.

humblebundle versions are seperately put together as i undersatnd... so that may explain the difference...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...