Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Password protected folder - password only requested on initial access

I have password protected a Members' Area folder on my site. When I tested it, it worked fine and asked for my password but only that first time. Now, as soon as I click the Members' Area tab in the navigation bar it takes me straight in. I am pretty sure the password has not been saved and is then being automatically entered each time. Any ideas please? My site is wonershhistory.co.uk.

Default Re: Password protected folder - password only requested on initial access

Quote Originally Posted by JFry View Post
    I have password protected a Members' Area folder on my site. When I tested it, it worked fine and asked for my password but only that first time. Now, as soon as I click the Members' Area tab in the navigation bar it takes me straight in. I am pretty sure the password has not been saved and is then being automatically entered each time. Any ideas please? My site is wonershhistory.co.uk.
    Try closing the browser completely. It is probably a session variable that is being stored in memory. You might of course have saved it in the browser password manager as an oversight.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Password protected folder - password only requested on initial access

Such a simple solution! Thank you.