Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default I was a little quick..

..yesterday with 365: The old WEBsite file had gotten corrupted, so I began a new WEB file. It took, and looks beautiful and I'm happy with that. It prints out well..BUT the only problem is it will not publish from my 'pooter. When I choose Publish Supersite it goes through all the motions like it's uploading files, but when it publishes the old site is still there and it appears nothing has happened. I do the Control F5 thinking it's my browser that is cluttered, but when it refreshes it's the old site. I know that there is something I've overlooked when re-creating but whatever I may have failed to do..escapes me. Pointers appreciated. Thank you.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Default Re: I was a little quick..

Can you ask someone who knows how the old site looks to look and see if it has changed? And did you publish to the right sub-folder?

Talked with my daughter and she saw what I did. Will check the sub folder..forgot about that. Thanks, the sub may be the issue.

I've check the sub, and certain things will load, but new type is not, and I've even converted them to editable shapes.

Delete the old files from the server first before uploading the new one.

I'm in FileZilla, deleted what I thought were the files, but they're apparently still there somewhere. I don't know where, or which folder to open/edit to delete what's there. Don't know much about FZ, have not worked with it a great deal. I once zapped everything at one point and had to call GoDaddy to get it fixed, so I don't want to do that again. And, I just noticed when I do a preview in Xara the type and stuff is not showing, so it may not be a problem on the server but an issue in XaraX.
    Last edited by GiddyupGilbert; 16 September 2018 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Problem not resolved

Check your MouseOver layer and see if your missing text is on that layer? Or any other custom layers.

The issue is resolved. I moved all the material out of Mouse Over into a new layer and it resolved my upload issue. Problem for me is I've never worked in the Page & Layer Gallery very much, so stuff I was doing went there. Need to do some study so I can get a better idea of good composition. thanks for the help..as usual it was sterling.