Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara needs a rounding tool

I have no idea if this section is even read by Xara, let alone if they care about it.

But lately I find myself more and more working with Affinity Designer, even though I like the drawing part in Xara much better.
    Among other things, one of the main reasons is the genius Corner Rounding Tool which makes logo design so much easier and faster.

I need this function in XD(P) !!
    Check the video:

https://vimeo.com/123714145

Default Re: Xara needs a rounding tool

Interesting tool - we've been asking for NEW vector tools in Xara for years, but apparently they are NOT a priority.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I would love a corner tool like affinity designer's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Yes something like that would be a nice addition for sure. But if it's not Cloud related or Cloud friendly content I wouldn't hold breath.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I would love a corner tool like affinity designer's
    Me too. But before I will see an improvement for lines. Out-, middle- and inside setting the lines to an path is needed.
    And pls. Xara fix the dash pattern line to fit exact corners.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

yes the lines too!

And I really wish that Xara would take a look at Affinity's colour panels and the ability to import and export a colour palette in an adobe swatch format so one could use the same colour palettes in a variety of programs.

But going back to the rounding tool, if one has both affinity and xara designer programs it is possible to create your vector shapes in Xara and export as svg then open the svg in affinity for corner rounding and then do the svg export and open route again to bring it back to Xara but it is a very painful work around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

yes the lines too!

And I really wish that Xara would take a look at Affinity's colour panels and the ability to import and export a colour palette in an adobe swatch format so one could use the same colour palettes in a variety of programs.
    Yeah, I'm with You in this dream!

But going back to the rounding tool, if one has both affinity and xara designer programs it is possible to create your vector shapes in Xara and export as svg then open the svg in affinity for corner rounding and then do the svg export and open route again to bring it back to Xara but it is a very painful work around.
    That's what I am doing right now most of the time.
    But as you say, it's really a pain where it should not be.

+1
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host