Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Export Web Document

I am about to create a simple web site. As well as Publishing Web Document, I would like to Export Web Document.
    Publishing Web Document works fine.
    I have done some test runs and Export Web Document is giving me problems with links to and from "subfolders" back to the home page. I suspect its the linking-format I am entering?

Here is the basic scheme
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	site diagram.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	129713

Itinerary.xar is the home page that will list some towns and will have a link for each town's TownGuide document.

I publish the Itinerary.xar to the Itinerary subfolder of trip.xara.hosting.
    ....it contains a link to the TownGuide1 folder, the link to web as follows: TownGuide1

I publish the TownGuide1.xar to the TownGuide1 sub-subfolder of trip.xara.hosting
    ....it contains a link back to the Itinerary folder, the link to web as follows: ../

As I mentioned above, the links to other web pages in Publishing work, but not for Exporting

So is there a way to Export Web Document to export the entire website? I would like to be able install it to devices that don't have a wifi connection or have a poor wifi connection.

Default Re: Export Web Document

It is likely that as you are not including the actual filename, the published area has an .htaccess rule that is performing the resolution.

For sake of argument, let both pages are the end of the links have filename index.htm.

Root to sub-folder is simply TownGuide1/index.htm
    Sub-folder to root is ../index.htm

You would still Export Website twice: for Itinerary.xar to sub-folder Itinerary; for TownGuide1.xar to sub-sub-folder (Itinerary)/TownGuide1.

For other, this is called relative addressing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Export Web Document

Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You Acorn!

The links I posted in my initial post didn't contain "index.htm" after the "/". The links did work when Publishing but not automatically when Exporting (the index.htm file in the target-subdirectory had to be manually clicked upon).

I guess because that Publishing process automatically assumes which file to execute first once a subdirectory is transversed.?

When the links include "index.htm" after the "/" then, when Exporting and Publishing, the links for work for both methods.

Using your advice, then the website files can be transfered to any website address and still work because their link addresses are still relative.